R4 help

Here's V1.17
Can definitely vouch for his as I've personally used it
& here's V1.18
Haven't used this latest one yet but seems to be ok.
Good luck,
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like that works im trying to search for the 42 all time classics rom cannot find it anywhere

I use newsgroups Ive found it but again everygame ive put into the folder just has a white screen!!! argghh this is frustrating, ive used the uptodate version of firmware

one loads pick the menu ie language of the game etc then a blackj screen??

Put it in the root of the memory card, not in a folder

I am just placing them alongside the other folders ie on their own where all the other folders are they are not ina folder

So you've got 1.18 on & a few games? You put the memory card back in the R4, stick it in slot 1, turn the DS on, you get the 3 icons choose the smiley face, see the list of games, choose any one & you only get a white or black screen quickly after?

yes exactly I have the folders from the firmware and outside the folders I have my nds files all sperate but ont he same screen as the firmware

Sorry mate, can't think of anything else to try. Hopefully somebody else can assist.
HH.

only diff I see is _DS_MENU shows as a video cd, on Curly's screenshot his still has it as _DS_MENU.DAT. Think you mentioned this already but it still should have have the .DAT extension. I think.

yes mentioned that initially people said it doesnt matter which it doesnt I think as I out it in my mates laptop and the file was normal its just that its previously associated them files on my comp with nero so thats why iyt does it.
GOd knows whats wrong with it then?

File associations definetly have no affect on it.

Lets try an earlier firmware version V1.15. Format card 1st, once again extract all files from english folder and place on root.

You wil notice there is no ds_menu.sys, thats because it should be created as soon as you start the firmware version so no need for it yet.

nope still a white screen! looking up on google etc people have been saying something about GBA mode? I havent a clue whats going on, jaffa do you have msn save posting on here? I appreciate your help

I have read that you should format my card with FAT32? anyoen heard this?

AFAIK a 2G card is the maximum an R4 will recognise, may be wrong though

You are right DD, they have always promised to get it to support bigger cards but havent yet done it, not that it matters anyway as 2gb is plenty...imho.

Hello Graeme just got your PM lol
Sorry I can't hang about as I'm on my way out m8
Try this file attached.
I made it for gritz a while ago when he was having similar problems (white screen etc) and it sorted his out.
Copy everything to your sd card after formating it.
I'll be online tomorrow but I'm sure you're in capable hands with these guys lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0btbo5o0yjm

Curly

Back