Quick, Dell Projector £20!!

yep i too just received the same email as earwig,

lol Rabp, mite be worth sending that message and see what they say

RABP said:
I'm sorry but I don't want to puchase anything of yours at the correct price for a couple of reasons first being if you can not run a very basic website without these stupid errors then how the feck can I trust you to send the products to the correct address probably end up somewhere in Russia second reason being your products are shite and are only worth the incorrect price at most.

Kind Regards

HAHA!!! :Frog:

RABP said:
Should send them this as a reply

Dear Customer Don't Care,

This will be my last contact with you after my last two requests to purchase Dell products. Have resulted in an e-mail saying. An error occurred on the Dell web site which resulted in pricing being shown incorrectly.

The error was rectified as soon as it was identified. However it has resulted in a number of customers placing orders on the basis of the incorrect price.

We have not accepted and will not be processing requests made by customers to purchase products at the incorrect price. Should you wish to purchase this product at the correct price please visit the Dell website

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this error.

I'm sorry but I don't want to puchase anything of yours at the correct price for a couple of reasons first being if you can not run a very basic website without these stupid errors then how the feck can I trust you to send the products to the correct address probably end up somewhere in Russia second reason being your products are shite and are only worth the incorrect price at most.

Kind Regards

Nice m8

I will ask to remove all my details (email, credit card, address) from dell system, blaming them "This price error was intensely to collect customer’s private details to use marketing purpose and sell them to other companies.”
:mad:

I hadnt worked out what i would do with it anyway...............

And there would have been that many on ebay they would only sell cheap anyway.

It certainly got everyone looking at Dells website

I complained heh heh what a brass neck eh? ;-) and got this reply....

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to you to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to the error on the Dell website over the weekend of 19/20 - 21 November 2004 that may have affected your request to purchase Dell products. Dell takes all reasonable precautions to avoid errors on our website and the error was corrected as soon as it was discovered. We take these situations extremely seriously and work continuously to improve the experience of our customers in dealing with Dell.

I wanted to inform you that we are currently running a 15% discounted promotion on the 2300 Projector. If you are still interested in placing an order click on the link below for full details of the promotion and to avail of the offer.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/projectors?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Yours faithfully

Gwen Wight
Head of Customer Care UK and Ireland

I got one of those too today. I threatened them with Trading Standards and CC a copy of an email to them and a bogus email @TSA.uk.gov lol. Oh well worth a try none of us have lost anything trying. ;)

Emailed a complaint through dell website, got the same response, chjeeky fecker copying and pasting the same reply to all complainers. Barsteward!

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to you to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that
may have been caused due to the error on the Dell website over the weekend of
19/20 - 21 November 2004 that may have affected your request to purchase Dell
products. Dell takes all reasonable precautions to avoid errors on our website
and the error was corrected as soon as it was discovered. We take these
situations extremely seriously and work continuously to improve the experience
of our customers in dealing with Dell.

I wanted to inform you that we are currently running a 15% discounted promotion
on the 2300 Projector. If you are still interested in placing an order click on
the link below for full details of the promotion and to avail of the offer.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/projectors?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Yours faithfully

Gwen Wight
Head of Customer Care UK and Ireland

Back