Quick, Dell Projector £20!!

got a feeling e-bay might be flooded with these if dell comes though for us. Although I can just imagin everyone sitting the at home watchin tv on these

I called INDIA!! got some cow of a customer service manager on the other end of the line. Said my Internet Reciept Number was not in their database. I forward her my copy of the email they sent me. She then said she would retake my order over the phone and charge me the same price. Wahay I thought, then she asked me how much. I said it must've been a special offer as they were only £20, maybe end of line clearance of something. She put me on hold then came back and said She was sorry they can't sell at that price. I asked for a Manager and she cut me off. Luckily I got her email. So I will give her the benefit of the doubt before I make it public. ;)

biatch!

Still aint got my confirmation. will wait till 2moorow then email dell

earwig999 said:
I called INDIA!! got some cow of a customer service manager on the other end of the line. Said my Internet Reciept Number was not in their database. I forward her my copy of the email they sent me. She then said she would retake my order over the phone and charge me the same price. Wahay I thought, then she asked me how much. I said it must've been a special offer as they were only £20, maybe end of line clearance of something. She put me on hold then came back and said She was sorry they can't sell at that price. I asked for a Manager and she cut me off. Luckily I got her email. So I will give her the benefit of the doubt before I make it public. ;)

I have some screen shot to send dell(her) as evidence. :)
L@@k at attechment files, send with email its may help
keep dell customer service busy :Kickassro
NONE

nice one guys.

Just sent an email to Dell. They aim to reply within 24 hrs. Will let you all known what they have to say. I ordered on 21st and havnt heard anything since, what kinda crap customer service is that. No updates - nothing at all. sods!

I recieved my printer today...........................and the projector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

i aint recieved nothing plus the money aint been taken out my account. Did you ring them or anything?? when i log into the order status thing it says that my order cannot be found but i have the email saying wait 72 hours etc and its been about 5 days.

Nah...... I'm just kidding ya! I think we should all realise that this one really was too good to happen..........just be happy with our woolies deal! :Cheers:

i have read that over 700 of the projector's were ordered on this priceing error and i guess the that the printer would be the same its most likely posted on every forum that has a bargin section so just on projector's alone dell would stand to lose a million squid so don't see them doing that just to save face i think there is either a thicko makeing these priceing errors or it done as a Training exercise for our indian friends in how to deal with irate customers and the scam is you pay for the training :)

Here is the email I received from them -

November 24th 2004

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your recent request to purchase Dell product(s).

An error occurred on the Dell web site over the weekend of November 19th - 21st, which resulted in pricing for the Dell 2300 projector being shown incorrectly. The price for the Dell 2300 projector was incorrectly shown as £20 excluding VAT and delivery and £23.50 including VAT and delivery in the Home & Home Office webstore.

The error was rectified as soon as it was identified. However it has resulted in a number of customers placing orders on the basis of the incorrect price. The correct price for the Dell 2300 projector is £ 999 excluding VAT and delivery and £ 1,173.83 including VAT and delivery.

We have not accepted and will not be processing requests made by customers to purchase products at the incorrect price. Should you wish to purchase this product at the correct price please visit the Dell website on www.dell.co.uk to place your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this error.

Kind Regards

Customer Care

Should send them this as a reply

Dear Customer Don't Care,

This will be my last contact with you after my last two requests to purchase Dell products. Have resulted in an e-mail saying. An error occurred on the Dell web site which resulted in pricing being shown incorrectly.

The error was rectified as soon as it was identified. However it has resulted in a number of customers placing orders on the basis of the incorrect price.

We have not accepted and will not be processing requests made by customers to purchase products at the incorrect price. Should you wish to purchase this product at the correct price please visit the Dell website

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this error.

I'm sorry but I don't want to puchase anything of yours at the correct price for a couple of reasons first being if you can not run a very basic website without these stupid errors then how the feck can I trust you to send the products to the correct address probably end up somewhere in Russia second reason being your products are shite and are only worth the incorrect price at most.

Kind Regards

Back