[DM800SE] Q about Rats bouquet updater and additional bouquets

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I use rats wonderful bouquet updater for all my 28.2e needs but I also have a few of my own bouquets for other things now, I know running rats will overwrite everything so I backed up my personal bouquets but when I ftp'ed them over they wouldnt show, infact they hadn't even been removed so luckily I had a full bouquet backup I restored from but it now begs the question, when backing up my own bouquets what extra files will I need to backup aswell?

I backed up the userbouquet.<namehere> files but there must be another file in that folder that controls whats displayed? Is it bouquets.tv? anything else?

Best way to do it is to use either DBEdit or Dreamset,and open Rats list on your pc,then import your list into it,then upload to your box :)

Best way to do it is to use either DBEdit or Dreamset,and open Rats list on your pc,then import your list into it,then upload to your box :)

Tried dbedit and when I try to upload the bouquets I get errors some weird params error and then an I/0 error. I just want to be able to copy my extra bouquet and readd it after running rats update

Tried dbedit and when I try to upload the bouquets I get errors some weird params error and then an I/0 error. I just want to be able to copy my extra bouquet and readd it after running rats update

Did you try with dreamset?

As for ftping them over originally,did you restart enigma2 afterwards?

Did you try with dreamset?

As for ftping them over originally,did you restart enigma2 afterwards?

No I'll have to give dreamset a go mate :) but yeah restarted enigma and still the same. The update process doesn't touch my bouquets themselves as they are not overwritten but it might be one of the additional files that reside in /enigma2, there must be a file that lists everything to be displayed.

I'm sure I'll figure it out if I inspect them all but I hoped someone would have an answer to save me all the frustrating trial and erroring as there's nothing more frustrating than having to constantly restart enigma 2 only to find what your trying doesn't work

But I'll give dreamset a try tomorrow as it's bedtime now so cheers for the recommendation I hadn't heard of it before. :)

No I'll have to give dreamset a go mate :) but yeah restarted enigma and still the same. The update process doesn't touch my bouquets themselves as they are not overwritten but it might be one of the additional files that reside in /enigma2, there must be a file that lists everything to be displayed.

I'm sure I'll figure it out if I inspect them all but I hoped someone would have an answer to save me all the frustrating trial and erroring as there's nothing more frustrating than having to constantly restart enigma 2 only to find what your trying doesn't work

But I'll give dreamset a try tomorrow as it's bedtime now so cheers for the recommendation I hadn't heard of it before. :)

bouquets.tv lists all the bouquets to be displayed :)

Lets know how it goes m8

Hi wiz, just wanted to say thanx again, restoring bouquets.tv brings back all me' bounty y'aaagghhh

(no idea why I decided to talk like a pirate just then its been a long day lol)

Back