Purchasing a Chip programmer - some guidence please

BeerMoney

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good Morning all

I feel i have master most boxes now,well iv master reading tuturials anyway lol,respect to the guys that wrote them. I see the newer boxes require a little more work these days,lifting & programming chips ect. Iv been messing about with a soldering iron to try & get the hang of that before i try anything so next on the list will be getting a Chip-programmer. Now this is where i have hit a brick wall as i havent a clue about them,i believe they are expensive but how much we talking here?

Im More less looking something that will do the chip in a v+ box.
I read about the Willem-programmer, "Willem Programmer 4.5 withTSOP48" is this one i should be going for?
Does it require much skill to use these types of programmers-understanding computer languages ect?

Im just looking another challenge if you get what i mean. :)

regards
Beermoney

Good Morning all

I feel i have master most boxes now,well iv master reading tuturials anyway lol,respect to the guys that wrote them. I see the newer boxes require a little more work these days,lifting & programming chips ect. Iv been messing about with a soldering iron to try & get the hang of that before i try anything so next on the list will be getting a Chip-programmer. Now this is where i have hit a brick wall as i havent a clue about them,i believe they are expensive but how much we talking here?

Im More less looking something that will do the chip in a v+ box.
I read about the Willem-programmer, "Willem Programmer 4.5 withTSOP48" is this one i should be going for?
Does it require much skill to use these types of programmers-understanding computer languages ect?

Im just looking another challenge if you get what i mean. :)

regards
Beermoney

i ve got a up48f
there ll program a chip in 5 sec or so
abit of money like but well worth it
think there sell for about the 150 mark
think the willem r about 50quid
alot cheaper but very very slow

thanks for your reply mate i'll check that one out,i was kind of hoping to spend a little less than 150 though as this just a hobby. When you say slow do you means 30minutes/hours ect?

thanks man

the only chip in a v+ box that can be programmed is the 24lc512 which most small programmers will do

Back