PSU for a DM800SE

wiz569

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have one going spare? or know of a cheap place to get one?

Thanks for looking

if you have any old routers example netgear the power supply works fine on the 800 or even an xmas tree psu can work it pretty sure you must have some alternatives lying about mate

Anybody have one going spare? or know of a cheap place to get one?

Thanks for looking

@wiz569

I found the one I have its a superhub 12v 2.5amp

PM your address m8 I will send it to you

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get one on fleabay for £8 delivered from uk seller.

Unfortunately most UK sellers are charging stupid money to post to Ireland,might go down the chinese route,I didnt want to but most of the ones being sold are originally from china anyway

Unfortunately most UK sellers are charging stupid money to post to Ireland,might go down the chinese route,I didnt want to but most of the ones being sold are originally from china anyway

@wiz569

your right there m8 as soon as they spotted the address it went from £3.90 to £8.70 royal mail is a rip off, it should be with you Monday m8, don't worry about postage I'm sure you will return favour :)

Tracking No RN062175421GB

hope it helps

Napster

if you have any old routers example netgear the power supply works fine on the 800 or even an xmas tree psu can work it pretty sure you must have some alternatives lying about mate

Careful with Xmas tree ones- often they are AC! Quick way to toast a box lol!

@wiz569

your right there m8 as soon as they spotted the address it went from £3.90 to £8.70 royal mail is a rip off, it should be with you Monday m8, don't worry about postage I'm sure you will return favour :)

hope it helps

Napster

Ah mate you should have left it,thats feckin scandolous postage costs

@wiz569

hope it helps

Napster
what a nice gesture well done Napster a credit to the site mate.....

just checked tracking no, its at the airport ready to fly out :)

Just arrived m8,seems to be working fine :)

Thanks very much m8 and if I can ever do something for you,I wont hesitate

I know you are sorted but one thing to consider with these kinda situations is its worth looking at combining power supplies... a lot of set top boxes need 12v psu's and so I got a 5a 12v off ebay and then I got a set of multiplugs- if you search cctv extensions you will find them and then you can get rid of two or three adaptors and use just one - makes it tidier and also less plugs. Given the adapter you have been kindly given is 2.5amp you would think that might have some headroom...
I have a TiVo box, my sat box and my Linux box all running off one adapter. easy to hide one transformer rather than three. Obviously I get that if it went it would be bad but I did buy a nicer transformer and coz theres just one it tends to be cooler there than if there was three....
certainly would be something I would recommend

Back