PSP knob . needs help

Hi Bro

all ive done is download the first file, the one in the 1st link at the top of the page,

3.52 M33 using this: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/do...o=file&id=1658

ive used the version for oe as i have firmware 3.02oe on it

then i formatted the psp memory stick, then opened the file and extracted to the memory stick, there is only 1 folder called psp which goes to another called m33 or something which then opens a folder which has an eboot.pbp file in it,

what am i to do after this, the read me mentions running a flasher, where is this and how so i run it also i have then closed the USB and looked in all the memory stick folders but all folders say they are empty, am i correct to assume my psp must have already been downgraded to v1.5

there was only 1 file and the read me in the downloaded zip file, im also running vista home premium is this a problem and am using a 4gb card, i have read on this forum that this can cause problems. i have a 32mb one as well which one should i use

thanks for the help, as i now has a psp that i cant use at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bro

all ive done is download the first file, the one in the 1st link at the top of the page,

3.52 M33 using this: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/do...o=file&id=1658

ive used the version for oe as i have firmware 3.02oe on it

then i formatted the psp memory stick, then opened the file and extracted to the memory stick, there is only 1 folder called psp which goes to another called m33 or something which then opens a folder which has an eboot.pbp file in it,

what am i to do after this, the read me mentions running a flasher, where is this and how so i run it also i have then closed the USB and looked in all the memory stick folders but all folders say they are empty, am i correct to assume my psp must have already been downgraded to v1.5

there was only 1 file and the read me in the downloaded zip file, im also running vista home premium is this a problem and am using a 4gb card, i have read on this forum that this can cause problems. i have a 32mb one as well which one should i use

thanks for the help, as i now has a psp that i cant use at the moment

The file you posted is the update file I think. If so, you need to put it on the psp in the game folder in a folder called UPDATE. You should then be able to see it in the xmb under game. If your upgrading and not downgrading I dont think you will have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks janobi

i have a psp that was downgraded for me some time ago now i want to play recent games but need to update the firmware.. mine is 3.02oe currently

how do i go about this

i have used the m33 file and installed the file from my pc onto the memory stick. i cannot see anything on the stick although when i connect by usb it shows some folders leading to a eboot file.

what am i missing, i just want to update the firmware, in the read me file with the m33 custom firmware it says i need to run the flasher but where is it

thanks,

thanks janobi

i have a psp that was downgraded for me some time ago now i want to play recent games but need to update the firmware.. mine is 3.02oe currently

how do i go about this

i have used the m33 file and installed the file from my pc onto the memory stick. i cannot see anything on the stick although when i connect by usb it shows some folders leading to a eboot file.

what am i missing, i just want to update the firmware, in the read me file with the m33 custom firmware it says i need to run the flasher but where is it

thanks,

Ok did you put the files into a folder called UPDATE has to be capitals? You can always check www.calo-hacks.co.uk

He has loads of noob downgraders and upgraders. And if your running custom firmware you need to put the folder in the game150 folder.

i havent made any new folders, when i installed the file from my pc it created a folder called psp that went to m33update which led to a file called eboot

do i need to create a folder called update

i havent made any new folders, when i installed the file from my pc it created a folder called psp that went to m33update which led to a file called eboot

do i need to create a folder called update

Yes, and copy the files out of there, and put them in that folder. Then put the UPDATE folder in the game150 folder. You should then see it under the xmb menu.

thanks for the quick reply but i dont have a folder called game150 either do i need to create that as well

thanks for the quick reply but i dont have a folder called game150 either do i need to create that as well, the only folder on the psp is the psp leading to m33upgrade leading to eboot,

thanks for the quick reply but i dont have a folder called game150 either do i need to create that as well, the only folder on the psp is the psp leading to m33upgrade leading to eboot,

If you dont have that on the psp, then something is wrong. Format the card with the psp, rather than the pc, and see if that makes a difference.

i have tried that but no other folders appear,

Under system settings what does it say? Are you sure your running custom firmware, as it sounds like sony original firmware.

ive checked and it says 3.02oe and ive been using it with my"backup games" untill i decided i wanted to play newer games

so i should restore factory settings, then format the 4gb card and then use the 32mb card to try and upgrade

thanks, ill report my findings in a hour

restore ur defaults then format card then check system info to be sure,use the small card

I dont think that would stop the memory card being formated properly, but worth a try. As for what to do, then create a game150 folder in the psp folder and then create an update folder in there. Drop the files in there, and you should then see them under then xmb.

format card when it is in the psp,then connect psp tp pc with usb lead,next run the installer,this will create files on your memory stick,once done Run the flasher("3.52 M33UPDATE") that can be found in the psp menu under game and memory

format card when it is in the psp,then connect psp tp pc with usb lead,next run the installer,this will create files on your memory stick,once done Run the flasher("3.52 M33UPDATE") that can be found in the psp menu under game and memory

Supposedly tried all that mate. Thats why I tried the long way. lol.

in the read me file with the m33 custom firmware it says i need to run the flasher but where is it

thanks,

I KNOW,HE SEEMS TO BE GETTING CONFUSED ON WHERE TO RUN THE FLASHER FROM

Run the flasher("3.52 M33UPDATE")

you guys are fantastic, ive managed to upgrade to m33, im now gonna try and deal with the other 3 updates

Back