PSP keeps crashing =/

d34n

Inactive User
Reaction score
well since ive downgraded my psp to 1.50 and put devhook 0.46 on it.

sometimes when i load a game cso/iso wth devhook, it reboots and then crashes befor the game loads. i have to take the battery out so it switches off.

anybody hav any idea's y its doing this?

have you got a game (note, must be a game) UMD in the back.

are you selecting f/w 2.71 in devhook menu?

i was using devhook ...but then found the new 2.71seb fw...there's no need for devhook anymore ..and the iso cso load up sweet ..runs the same as a 1.5 ..but with all added extras of 2.71 dash .....not sure why your one is crashing it could b a file thats not bin executed in devhook.....:)

have you got a game (note, must be a game) UMD in the back.

are you selecting f/w 2.71 in devhook menu?

yes i hav a UMD game in. GTA. and yes im selecting 2.71, do u think could be todo with my memory card, because ive kinda noticed it seems todo it more when there is more than 2 games on it.

if not i mite try this new firmware(2.71seb). does many ppl recommend it?

yes i hav a UMD game in. GTA. and yes im selecting 2.71, do u think could be todo with my memory card, because ive kinda noticed it seems todo it more when there is more than 2 games on it.

if not i mite try this new firmware(2.71seb). does many ppl recommend it?

mate i would upgrate to the new 2.71SE-B i did and not regreted it. also theres the update. what iso are you trying to play which crashes or is it any? you might need to back up your game saves and homebrew and format you MS. but id say look in the stickey at the last 2 post and upgrade.

ok just installed that new firmware, confused on how i open the games,

do i still need to use devhook?

because i put godfather onto my MC and it dint load with devhook, but now ive put lemmings on its let me open it from the mem card bit on the psp without devhook, yet there was no icon for godfather, do u think it could just be a corrupt game?

ok just installed that new firmware, confused on how i open the games,

do i still need to use devhook?

because i put godfather onto my MC and it dint load with devhook, but now ive put lemmings on its let me open it from the mem card bit on the psp without devhook, yet there was no icon for godfather, do u think it could just be a corrupt game?

just add a ISO folder to the root of memory stick .then put your game in that ...you dont need to use devhook...the games icon will show .click on icon then play ...must hav a umd game disc in the drive.....:)

yes ive been doing that =)

think the godfather game just doesnt work then!

well no icon comes up, so when i try with devhook the psp just switches off

when you do the update you can then delete everything in the game folder except the recovery folder. then get the godfather.iso/.cso and put it straight into the iso folder on the root. you should then see it there. with 2.71 SE theres no need to run devhook as its built in.

when you do the update you can then delete everything in the game folder except the recovery folder. then get the godfather.iso/.cso and put it straight into the iso folder on the root. you should then see it there. with 2.71 SE theres no need to run devhook as its built in.

its got txt files saying not delete things? so u sure i can delete everything

**EDIT** oops lol, just looked again =/ says i can. hehe

Last edited:
yeah i think the txt files say dont delete untill you have done the udate then when its all finished they can be deleted. just need to leave the recovery folder in there for obvious reasons. did you get the games to work?

having some problems after upgrading to
2.71SE-B .
all my games worked fine with devhook
before upgrade.
but now only some work
and if i put a few of games on ms
it only shows one or two icons.
also dont know how to use update.

is it possible to go back to 1.50 using easy downdater
in stickies

having some problems after upgrading to
2.71SE-B .
all my games worked fine with devhook
before upgrade.
but now only some work
and if i put a few of games on ms
it only shows one or two icons.
also dont know how to use update.

is it possible to go back to 1.50 using easy downdater
in stickies

with the update just copy the contents of the 150game folder to psp and then when you go onto your menu you should see the update. if you want to downgrade you can do it with the on which was put on. if you hold the RIGHT trigger when you turn your psp on you will go to the recovery menu. you can then select run recovery to downgrade.

have you got NOUMD enabled? is so its best to turn it off as afew games dont run. i might be best to try the updates as afew things have been fixed with them

have you done both the updates? when you go to system info firmware should be 2.71 SE-B''

yes both updates
couple of games worked
but same prob only a couple of icons showing up
and the game could not be started 80020148

yes both updates
couple of games worked
but same prob only a couple of icons showing up
and the game could not be started 80020148

what format are the games which dont work? i think you can only use .iso and .cso at the moment and they are working on getting the other formats to work

Back