psp 2.60 help

robby12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive done quite a bit reading and with quite a bit help from highlander and countless pms to him (thanks m8 ;) ) im going to attempt to upgrade this psp to 2.71 then ive down loaded a tut from a thread by tommo which apparently downgrades psp to 1.50 through a walkthrough tut basicly does it for u . . . what i need now is the file or whatever it is to upgrade my psp from 2.60 to 2.71 i would b most greatfull if somebody could point me in the right direction

many thanx

regards robby

Here you go m8y

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/883/&act=down

Its in the downloads section.

Good luck. Just make sure you read the instructions and have a full battery

hi m8 thanx 4 the reply . . . i take it i just copy n paste this file somewhere on the psp ? anywhere in particular ? i was gonna attempt the gta trick what highlander recommended but he aint been back intouch i hav the gta game but dunno if its the right one cos me m8 next door cant find the case is there anyother way of telling ? or is this way just as easy ?

regards robby

Last edited by a moderator:
i tryed creating a folder on the psp memory card called update . . . how do i get it to update ? or would it b any easyer somebody just pointing me 2 the idiots guide of hacking psp's lol . . . the thing is wen i eventualy do get it downgraded to 1.50 what do i do then install dev hook on to memory card then add the games ? or am i just way out and best off just leaving it :(

many thanx for ur advise guys

regards robby

In your umd game scroll one down and you see psp update ver 2.00 that's the right gta

You go to the same place if you want to update your psp to 2.71

i was gonna upgrade it then downgrade it i downloaded the 2.71 version but i didnt know where to copy it to from pc to psp if the gta way is easy im all for that m8 . . . . just show me the light lol :)

regards robby

Hi Robby... heres the light ;)

You need to create a folder called "UPDATE". This goes in the PSP/GAME/ folder.
Copy the official 2.71 "EBOOT.PBP" to PSP/GAME/UPDATE and then in XMB go to game and click on memory stick. Here you should find the file you just uploaded. (PSP Update ver 2.71) Run it and follow the instructions.

When it is complete you should have a 2.71 firmware PSP.

You can delete that file safely now.

Next run the 2.71 to 1.50 downgrader and you will have a 1.50 PSP.

Then install the custom firmware 3.03 open edition - A (In downloads)

You can run your backups with this so you don't need devhook, but you can still install devhook on the custom firmware if you want.

Any questions?
No?
Good!

Good luck. If in doubt... ASK

Last edited:
Copy to the psp/game folder then you go to the memory if you want to update your psp to 2.71

if you havent got the right GTA version (i have just read my pm's) then if you have a game that lets you update to f/w 2.71 you might find that easier.

right lads me eyes r stingin like fook . . . . ive read and read and read somemore tonight and with the help of u lot i hav gained a wealth of knowledge in my quest lol i say wealth but to what i new 5 hrs ago it is a wealth . . . anyways thanks for your help this evening im gonna retire to bed to ponder my thoughts and plan my next move for tomorow . . . and with the continued help and support from u i know i'll get there in the end . . .

just to reiterate i have the gta game needed to down grade . . . or i could go with the upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.50 which ever is easyest would some one point me to the way to a tut for these

once again many thanks good night and god bless

regards robby

Hi Robby... heres the light ;)

You need to create a folder called "UPDATE". This goes in the PSP/GAME/ folder.
Copy the official 2.71 "EBOOT.PBP" to PSP/GAME/UPDATE and then in XMB go to game and click on memory stick. Here you should find the file you just uploaded. (PSP Update ver 2.71) Run it and follow the instructions.

When it is complete you should have a 2.71 firmware PSP.

You can delete that file safely now.

Next run the 2.71 to 1.50 downgrader and you will have a 1.50 PSP.

Then install the custom firmware 3.03 open edition - A (In downloads)

You can run your backups with this so you don't need devhook, but you can still install devhook on the custom firmware if you want.

Any questions?
No?
Good!

Good luck. If in doubt... ASK

how do i create the said above folder so that i can update to 2.71 wen i plug psp into pc i scroll through the psp menu to connect usb then i cant c any of the above said folders ? ( i think im just connecting to the memory card ? ) if so how do i connect PSP/GAME/UPDATE ? ? ?

many thanx regards
robby

when you connect to psp via pc you should get a screen open or asked to open of your psp contents. here youll see the PSP folder. go in there and then go into the GAME folder.

in here right click and make ne folder and call it UPDATE. then drag the 2.71 eboot in there

when you connect to psp via pc you should get a screen open or asked to open of your psp contents. here youll see the PSP folder. go in there and then go into the GAME folder.

in here right click and make ne folder and call it UPDATE. then drag the 2.71 eboot in there

wen i connect to pc through usb mode on the psp , i go to my computer and removeble disc h . . . then wen i open it i have to files in there . . . .MEMSTICK.IMD (IND FILE 0KB ) and MSTK_PRO.IND (INDFILE 0KB)

honest m8 im a total newb to this and i realy appreciate u all helping me as soon as i think im starting to understand it sommit else confuses me even more lol

regards robby

theres nothing on your ms card. your best to format memory card using psp. go to options then system and format mem card on psp.

This should make the folders for you. Then u just have to make the UPDATE one

theres nothing on your ms card. your best to format memory card using psp. go to options then system and format mem card on psp.

This should make the folders for you. Then u just have to make the UPDATE one

(TOUCH WOOD M8 ) ;) did what u said and it worked a treat the psp is now updateing to version 2.71 . . . . . . what next ? ( if u dont mind that is ?)

regards robby

get the 2.71 easy downgrader and follow the rest of the tut Doomed posted up and you should have a nice 1.50 psp

will do m8 ( thanks for ur help everyone !!!!!!!!! ) will it b ok if after i successfully downgrade it to 1.50 , if i ask a few questions as to what to do next . ie what programme do i use to play the games etc etc ?

regards robby

mate thats what the forum is for. if people didnt ask questions it would be very boring in here.

next step id say would be get the 3.03 OE-A this will let you play iso's and ps1 eboots

Back