PS3 using the internet?

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello
Ive got the new rogero CFW and I was just wondering if i can use the PS3 online? not to use PSN but just to browse the internet and stuff? can it auto update and remove the FW?
Cheers

my worry is that if i use the internet on it, it may automatically download a official FW?

it will only auto download it, if u accept it and say yes.

In settings there's an option to turn auto downloads off. It's safe to have a networked ps3 for web browsing mate :)

Sent from my telephone.

Chaps, how do you get "iplayer" and "4OD" and "netflix" with out signing into the PSN network?

Chaps, how do you get "iplayer" and "4OD" and "netflix" with out signing into the PSN network?
Im not sure if you can use it without signing in BUT
If you do manage to sign into psn it will ban your ps3 and profile instantly and permently.
Theres a xbox type ban wave in effect at the moment

Thanks for that mate. ;)

I've been going to the www and then iplayer from there, it would be nice one day to see the app come out (not that I hardly use it, but you know, if it can be then I want it)

I had the apps appear on my ps3 dashboard after going to the site, all they are are shortcuts to the web app

Sent from my telephone.

I can't get the shortcuts to appear, I'll have another look, thanks Jim.

Im not sure if you can use it without signing in BUT
If you do manage to sign into psn it will ban your ps3 and profile instantly and permently.
Theres a xbox type ban wave in effect at the moment

i've been signed in for last 3 days fine, from what i can tell there have been no confirmed PSN/SEN bans recently, just bans from treyarch linked to playing black ops 2 on PSN

you could also spoof mac/consoleid and then if they get banned just switch.

Excellent news.

How would you spoof your NIC/Console ID on the PS3 ?

And what happens when you sign into the PSN network, I'd like to get the netflix app working you see.

i've only had PS3 for few days so choose for yourself but easiest way i think would be to upgrade to one of the new 4.21/4.30 custom firmwares and then sign in and just install netflix then leave it signed out if you can, depends on what your using the console for and what your willing to risk, it's possible you may get banned, but it is deffeintly not an automatic like the person i was responding to claimed, look around on some other forums about recent PSN bans, mainly seems to be related to black ops 2 or modding games.

does the netflix app require you to be signed in to psn constantly while watching ?
if not, there are some old "netflix install disc" backups about, not sure if they'd work without needing to get on PSN or possibly try looking fo rcurrent version of netflix app that have been resigned for 3.55

changing MAC address requires you to get a valid PS3 mac of another unbanned console...

-downgrade to 3.41 other os++
-install chaos air bringer > Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
This little tool lets you do some magic in your máquina.Te to change the MAC address FOREVER, easy, huh?
———
Procedure:
———

1 º) Make a hard drive or flash drive / external, for example, into any USB port (the application takes care of searching alone).

2 º) Now you have 2 options:
a – Do not put any files on the USB drive. In this case, the program will use a special MAC address (Air Base).
b – Now put a file called “mac.bin,” This file will be your new mac. You need to put in binary format
6 bytes of your new Mac, for example, DE 11 00 11 4A.

3 º) Install the application, and throw.

4 º) The program will make a backup of your old Mac USB drive as “mac_original.bin.”
Remember to keep the backup in a safe place before launching the program again, but will be overwritten by the current modified (mac.bin), otherwise perhaps could be lost forever ….

5 º) We hope that the program returns to the XMB or to restart the system.
If restart automatically, restart it manually from PS3, you’ll forever change your mac.

6 º) That’s it!

——
NOTES:
——

a) It is necessary to use SS patches enabled to use if you have no SS patches lv1 possibly block access to these services
b) If the program can not make a backup of your old mac, red LED flashes.
c) If the program can not change your mac, the LED will be off (if you reboot your machine back to the green LED)
d) If the program can make a backup or Mac LED flashes green.
d) If the program can change your Mac to leave the LED green off and then after a few seconds, if you can not let him off.
e) This proven and tested by the team, we are not responsible for the misuse of it to this tool.
f) Do not change the value in the RAM (lv1, lv2 vsh), the change is real.
g) can be modified in a custom firmware to official firmware update and will remain unchanged.
h) This application will be a plugin for 3.41 DH JFW

-then use "Stoker's PSIDPaatch 1.6" to patch consoleid/psid > http://stoker25.com/files/PSIDPatch16.zip

Patches two other locations where your psid is located
Shows you current PSID
Shows you current Console ID
Patch PSID from dev_usb/psid.txt
Patch PSID to random number
Patch Console ID from dev_usb/consoleid.txt
Patch ConsoleID (line 2) to random number
Choose USB to load from

This uses the peek and poke syscalls in order to patch your PSID. Please make sure your using a payload which uses them or a CFW that has them (kmeaw 3.55 does)

Usage:

Install package
Run PSIDPatch
Press Cross to patch PSID with a random number, or Square to patch ConsoleID.
Or.. if you want to use your own:
Create a text file called psid.txt/consoleid.txt on root of your USB
Put 32 hex characters inside (e.g. 1234567890ABCDEFFEDCBA0987654321) or 64 for ConsoleID
Open PSIDPatch, choose your USB using Up/Down arrows and press R1 to patch.

Technical Stuff:
PSID starts at 0x800000000044A18C in 3.41, 0x800000000045218C in 3.55. It is 16 bytes long. Two identicle Console ID's exist in memory: one which is 32 bytes at 0x80000000003C2EF0 and another which is 16 bytes at 0x8000000000452174. PSN seems to use the second one, but PSIDPatch patches both.

i've not tried any of this myself so follow at your own risk, afaik those three things + i.p are the methods sony can use to differentiate console and thus could be used to bypass a ban.

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate.

Couple of things, the netflix app needs to keep you signed in (you sign up on your PC and then cancel the subscription, at the moment according to others they haven't released a mandatory update for consoles, which I'm sure they will) therefore when your subs are cancelled you can still sign in on a console and use netflix.

Right, Spoofing the mac to a machine that has never been online are isn't used on line might be harder than you think?

Going off history if 2 machines with the same mac address are signed in would it not then kick you off the network as we know there unique.

Speaking with a mate at work he says that he has to sign into the psn network for the netflix app to be downloaded or work, I'll double check with him tomorrow.

This is a hacked console with PS3_355_KMEAW_CFW and multi man and all that so don't really want to upgrade it and loose it all you see.

Don't really need it but you know like to stay in the scene.....so interesting.

could possibly be done on 3.55 using "PSN 4.31 Kmeaw spoof" and then trying to find the netflix app resigned for 3.55 (i can't see one anywhere at moment)

and depends on your ethics but MAC's aren't too tricky to get, one way is certain people like to claim they've $acked new version of PS3's then post fake youtube videos of how awsome they are showing the Os infomration screen, normally forgetting to blur out the MAC address...

not sure about two consoles on same mac both online at same time, afaik it's more commonly used as a fix/$ack after your banned then to do before your banned, so people just keep trying till one works

yeah thanks. had a few rainmacs in my time... so know a little bit about them. ;)

I'll keep an eye out for the "netflix" app for the CFW 3.55, will let you know.

yeah thanks. had a few rainmacs in my time... so know a little bit about them. ;)

I'll keep an eye out for the "netflix" app for the CFW 3.55, will let you know.

i've found Netflix US/GB signed for 3.55, not sure on rules about posting these kind of apps here, so will pm you link.

Thanks buddy.

Yeah it's fine and we have a download section all though not for illegal files... ;) I'll get these up-loaded and that after testing

If this works man that will be well wicked and you deserve a slap on the back and a pint for finding these, I had some hens teeth and some rocking horse poo the other day that was easier to find....ha!

Cheers mate, I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Back