PS3 ODE encounter

mmonster

Inactive User
Reaction score
So I never owned a PS3 before until about 2 weeks ago where I decided to take the chance and got a pre-owned red 500GB Super Slim PS3 from a Game store.

f8ba.jpg

After which shortly I placed an order for both Cobra ODE & 3K3Y ODE with all the extras including 3K3Y remote & ripper. They finally arrived yesterday and I just got the chance to unpack them.

eyi7.jpg

6x66.jpg

Whether I'm lucky or not, it seems I have received the latest version of the 3K3Y in which the main board seems to have been trimmed down and only 1 QSB included that solders similar to the style of Cobra QSB.

97t5.jpg

3K3Y ripper for use with slim drives.

44gq.jpg

rtzg.jpg

3K3Y remote

mnyy.jpg

To be continued (I Will update later in the day when I got some more time.)

Last edited:
So after my new Segate Backup Plus 4TB HDD arrived to my local Curry's store yesterday (at great price of £119.99) I decided to go with the 3K3Y first and shove it into my 4003C Super Slim PS3. Install was direct, except for the new daughter board QSB which replaces the 4 capacitors on the motherboard. If you ever had to install a TX DemoN onto a 360 before, these points are even tighter. Anyhow after lengthy hours of trial & LED blinks diagnostics I got the damn thing working. Beyond Two Souls loaded fine from my new Seagate HDD and the original discs are also working just ok in PassThru mode. I still to test it more and try the other functions but I must say the support on 3K3Y forums is poor compared to that of the Cobra ODE which I will post about once I got hold of another PS3 sometime.

epcu.jpg

One wonder's why are 3K3Y are still using a little 128mb SD card! Something even as big as 512mb would be more reliable. Next to find a way to tuck all those ffc ribbons and best position for the 3K3Y before putting the cover back on.

97ks.jpg

Finally got a spare PS3 BD drive to use with the 3K3Y ripper. Works brilliantly and takes just about an hour to rip a whole game (MW2) in this case.

gr57.jpg

cdvk.jpg

xhvr.jpg

Back