ps3 controller problem

Nav26

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, my ps3 controllers for some reason stopped charging and stop syncin to my ps3 only way to use them if i connect the usb cable direct, iv done software reset and still same issue, any ideas??

there's also a setting in the dash some where, might be worth a look, does it sync though when you unplug the cable does one light stay on or do all 4 just flash...

thanks for kwik reply, when i connect it 4 lights flash for few seconds then go off same when i disconnect doesnt seem to charge either

I did have a one the same wouldn't hold the charge or sync mate, have a quick look in the settings there's one some where deep within the menus, worth a shot, or borrow one and try mate I guess...

try plugging the controller and the usb into something else like your pc or your virmin media box's USB connection, and see if it charges. any thing with a usb slot that's live.

yeah thought it was just my old controller but i got a brand new one and still same issue, i had a scan through the settings couldn't really find an option that needed changing, just tried hooking it to my laptop usb port and it doesnt seems to charge 4lights flash twice and go off same with my usb plug charger..

2 controllers? and the same?

have you tried another usb lead ?

yh tried different usb cable same issue, if i plug it into the ps3 direct with cable they work but wont charge or play without cable, its doin my nut in

have you tried the little button on the back of the controllers, hold it in for about 5 seconds...:) then retry.... (you have to angle the pin correct, it's a micro switch so you hear the click...)

IMG_0487.jpg

Last edited:
you legend!! done the trick i dont know how many years i have had my ps3 i have never spotted the reset button on the back lmao thanks alot bud, bit of topic but how do i get rid of the, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Ha, not a problem, glad it sorted it, the little hidden micro switch.... :)

When are you seeing that message mate?

Because all the posts are in the last hour and the back end scripts need to run. This is why its' 24 hours.

Plus "hello" posts, plus those posts I've deleted because they are "thanks" don't count.

And the fact...you have to ask the question when it's clearly in the rules, so going to remove those too.......

nav26 did you really scam me into this? so you could get your holly grail? or did you really have a problem, just with it being years since you came on here...?

nav26 did you really scam me into this? so you could get your holly grail? or did you really have a problem, just with it being years since you came on here...?

no way mate i really had the issue i tried few other forums and couldn't get a working answer then came across this and realized i already had an account which i never used.

In the entire time I've had a PS3, I have never noticed that reset button!
I take my controller to a lot of different friends houses (like my own controller) and I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many different consoles you can connect to. I've had to use another controller lately as my main one stopped working - just tried the reset button, and it's now connecting to my two consoles at home. It's a school day every day ...

Back