PS2 games on kmeaw CFW 3.55

dilpz

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of taking the plunge and moving away from the trusty dongle I have used till now (am still on 3.41 on my 60GB phat model) and wanted to know if original PS2 games will still work on the kmeaw 3.55 firmware. I have a lot of PS2 games that still get played on the PS3 so dont want to lose the compatibility. Can someone who has a backwards compatible model and is already on kmeaws 3.55 please confirm?

Thanks

Thanks mate! That's brilliant.might give it a try now then.

When I read PS2 games on kmeaw CFW 3.55 I got a bit excited. I thought an emulator had been released lol

LOL - maybe one day! Took the plunge and upgraded to 3.55 kmeaw. PS3/PS2 games working fine.

When I read PS2 games on kmeaw CFW 3.55 I got a bit excited. I thought an emulator had been released lol

Same here but doubt it'll happen any time soon....the PS3 is ripe for emulation homebrew if they have full access to the hardware for writing code - the potential for any emulation as long as it's native code for the PS3 and not a straight from pc port is staggering because of the raw cpu power and the SPEs within or whatever they're called. I don't think it'll happen though as PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube emulation on PC is uber spotty as it is even with god-like PC hardware. I'm hopeful the scene will migrate but I'm highly doubtful.

Back