PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I'm confused about.......

It says:

"Allows you to copy your games Blu Ray on the internal hard drive or a USB hard drive."
"Supports FAT32 (NTFS is not yet implemented)"

FAT32 has a file size limit of 4 gig, and the games must be massive? Does it split them to accomodate the filesize limit?

Thanks dude, but that just tells me how to use it. It doesn't mention anything about the FAT32 filesize limit

Thanks dude, but that just tells me how to use it. It doesn't mention anything about the FAT32 filesize limit

Ah, from looking at the screenshots it copies a ton of smaller files. Maybe none exceed the 4 gig limit

One thing that I'm confused about.......

It says:

"Allows you to copy your games Blu Ray on the internal hard drive or a USB hard drive."
"Supports FAT32 (NTFS is not yet implemented)"

FAT32 has a file size limit of 4 gig, and the games must be massive? Does it split them to accomodate the filesize limit?

i seen that to but thought as the jtag xbox has to be fat32 it would have split them

Ah, from looking at the screenshots it copies a ton of smaller files. Maybe none exceed the 4 gig limit

Any games that have individual files greater than 4Gb can't be backed up, but they are working on it.

Any games that have individual files greater than 4Gb can't be backed up, but they are working on it.

they cant be backed up onto an external drive, but they can to the internal drive as it does not have a 4gb file limit. good excuse to upgrade your hard drives, if u aint already. both mine are at 500gb, but u can get upto 640gb internal drives just now.

I cant wait til they are released and we start hearing from the community, I'm interested to see how various people get on with it.

Cant help but feel it'll be patched quickly though :(

PS3 Firmware (v3.42) Update
The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on August 19, 2010 (JST) and will disable the USB ports that are available on all PS3 systems Due to security concerns Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.42 system software update.

In addition, disabling the USB ports will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
Consumers and organizations that currently use the USB ports can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems although the following features will no longer be available;

* Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat

* Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.42 or later
* Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
* Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.42 or later
Additional information about PS3 firmware updates including v3.42
(once it becomes available)

The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on August 19, 2010 (JST) and will disable the USB ports that are available on all PS3 systems Due to security concerns Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.42 system software update.

In addition, disabling the USB ports will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
Consumers and organizations that currently use the USB ports can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems although the following features will no longer be available;

* Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat

* Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.42 or later
* Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
* Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.42 or later

Heh sony don't feck about do they lol.

should be in fun and laughter room that post ,even sony arent that stupid

Bullshit.

Lol, are there any peripherals out for the ps3 that use the USB ports? Just sounds like a parody to me...

madeinbeats the camera is one and also the play tv so I guess it is bollocks and also regards the 19th which was 2 days ago :)

LOL! well it looks controllers are to become single use only then.

the big bag of bic ps3 pads LOL!!

could you imagine?

and also regards the 19th which was 2 days ago :)

Ey? Don't know what you are on about mate, but I don't care I want a present or a suprise party or something, you can tell me what it was for after!!!!

all we need to do now is find a hcak via the hdmi port...

then sony will disable that as well practially rendering their console useless.

PMSL

Surely an update to disable the USB ports is a stupid idea and can't be true, as it will disable all legitimate hardware that you plug in this way. I don't see how Sony can do this, and if they do, I'll be selling my console

I think Sony have lost this one.....and they need to give up

Surely an update to disable the USB ports is a stupid idea and can't be true, as it will disable all legitimate hardware that you plug in this way. I don't see how Sony can do this, and if they do, I'll be selling my console

I think Sony have lost this one.....and they need to give up

the firmware update is a joke, doesnt exist. the guy who wrote it, posted it on maxconsole 2 days ago.

how could anyone even thought this was true, when they have their move controllers released in less than 4 weeks, which needs the camera to work, which in turn needs the usb ports

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back