PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

Status
Not open for further replies.
until they prove it works on something other than a debug console i wouldnt get too excited. Even if it does, theres every chance a forced firmware update would send it to its early grave anyway depending on how the exploit works.

also captin makes a good point with the stolen code mention.

It has been proven mate.
It works on all ps3's slim and fat.

It has been proven mate.
It works on all ps3's slim and fat.

Where has it been proven? The only videos I've seen is the exploit working on a Dev console. There are no videos of it working on anyother console or a slim!

Feel free to post links to this proof :)

i will be after one of these bad boys when there out :)

I'll be having one for my Birthday in November if it's real.

I agree with Liambalfour though, having too many games and getting them too easily is not necessarily a good thing.

I agree with Liambalfour though, having too many games and getting them too easily is not necessarily a good thing.

Yes, buying the latest game, ragging it and then Part Ex'ing it, just in time for the next big release worked best for me. Before that I was the sort who collected games on a shelf.

You only need a few games with multiplayer and replay value on the shelf, not dozens and dozens; magnetising dust, cluttering the house and deprechiating in value by the week...

Last edited:
The only thing with this is that we've been here before in the past and Sony just release an update and these breakthroughs never seem to see the light of day to the end user....so the way I see it is until they release one of these to the public and it has some form of workaround to Sony's updates and with regards to playing online I don't think it'll work out because really it's a big game of cat&mouse that Sony seem to have had in their back pocket from day one....PS3 gets hacked, Sony update their code to compensate - and most people take the update so they can play online.

Having said that though I hope the PS3 does get hacked in some way that me or you can actually buy into and use practically because personally I like the idea of playing Uncharted or MGS 4 or whatever from the hdd and have a permanent copy of said favorite game(s)there essentially 'built in' as it were. Of course it doesn't strictly need to be hacked to provide this feature and to a large extent the 360 proves it. It's just nice to not need the disc drive at all for the games though that will require a bullet proof hack but I do question whether it's workable given Sony's aggressive stance with regards to immediate software updates. IF it is then it sucks for Sony (or does it ? 360 does fine...) but it's absolutely fantastic for me personally as someone who enjoys playing games and enjoying what is rather than analyzing what might be (though I do that too sometimes lol ;)).

for whats shown in the vids its real,and does whats shown
as for the package installer,thats what the dongle adds and allows

so whos gonna buy then ?, why is this place so expensive i mean £123 for an r4 card and a 16gb micro sd

Last edited:
Feel free to post links to this proof :)

BBC Article

Sceptics have suggested the videos are a hoax or that they show the hack running on a so-called "debug PS3" or "dev unit", used by developers to test code for the machine.

However, a spokesperson for Fox-Chip, another distributor based in France, denied this was the case.

"It works on all PlayStation 3s," he told BBC News. "We tested it yesterday."

A spokesperson for Console Pro, another distributor based in the Netherlands, told BBC News the "dongle converts a retail unit into a dev unit".

very true. this is the exact reason i got rid of my xbox360 and bought a second ps3. i had loads of games that i had no interest in playing, and was downloading them just because i could. not because i wanted them

with the ps3, i choose my games carefully and get a lot more play time out of them. i dont regret buying any games i have bought for the ps3 so far, and i have about 50 games. quite alot of the shit i downloaded for my xbox360 wasnt worth the price of the blank i wasted on burning it.

Last edited:
I can see ps3 game rentals soaring lol

might not need to. it seems like if a game has been dumped to an external harddrive, then it can then be copied from one external drive to another, as the external will be readible in windows. this means that dumped games should be freely available on the internet, in all the usual place

The PS3 backups up every game to the HD anyway, but you meed the disc in the drive to play it.

Normally I'd be calling this bullshit, but the video is from Ozmods, they are well respected and I really can't imagine them announcing this if it wasn't real.

i know littlejohnny from there, owner / one of owners, havent spoken to him in a while, i`ll mail him and see if i can get any info out of him ;)

incidently, i`l bet you a pound to a penny, if its real, and its on a usb dongle, it`ll be hacked and cloned and released as a soft mod extremely quickly.

might not need to. it seems like if a game has been dumped to an external harddrive, then it can then be copied from one external drive to another, as the external will be readible in windows. this means that dumped games should be freely available on the internet, in all the usual place

Wouldn't the games be locked to the machine on which they were dumped?

why is this place so expensive i mean £123 for an r4 card and a 16gb micro sd

It's an Australian site mate.

R4i + 16GbSD Micro = £68.64 plus a fiver postage.

i do want one but at £110 i will need to think about it

i do want one but at £110 i will need to think about it

I would bet that after it is released that someone will rip the software and you will be able to download it for free and stick it on any usb stick.

aye dont get me wrong i dont want it for free as i think someone should be paid for there efforts and i would pay £110 to someone near me not the other side of the world

aye dont get me wrong i dont want it for free as i think someone should be paid for there efforts and i would pay £110 to someone near me not the other side of the world

no one near us would have put in any effort though, if we get it free all the better :Clap:

I would bet that after it is released that someone will rip the software and you will be able to download it for free and stick it on any usb stick.

this aint just a normal usb driver, its also got a small chip attached to it, so there wont be any software only hacks for a while, if ever. best u can hope for is a cheap copy from the likes of dealxtreme.

Wouldn't the games be locked to the machine on which they were dumped?

aparently u can plug the external drive into any ps3, and play the dumped games. alsong as the other ps3 has the jailbreak installed. so they should be able to be copied easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back