Processing new NIT

blackj90

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

have 2 pace 4001,s had problems getting them too take new vm software but eventually got it sorted.

However box wont boot up now, in engineers menu it tells me signal quality good but no locked and it says processing new nit.

any one any thoughts,

Regards,

where abouts is the box stopping or isnt it even starting.have you set the freq even if it says its correct and pin

where abouts is the box stopping or isnt it even starting.have you set the freq even if it says its correct and pin

The box is stuck on tune, was working previously on old nthell software then when i updated it stopped workin, wont force boot, reset the frequency to 755000 in eng men and hit services to retune however no joy.

ne thoughts?

regards,

do you have any splitters inline,if so try removing them and direct connect to feed.....and wait (i hate 4001's for stuck in tune)

yeah mate have it hooked up direct to the cable from the little grey box at front of house, no splitters, ive had it connect this way for the last hour, still stuck in tune, have removed the caps on the back of the board as per the tute, this usually sorts it but not this time lol

regards,

thats me next suggestion out the window.i must have tried that tut on several boxes n its never worked for me,just unlucky i suppose.ive had some 4001's take hours to boot btw

only way i could get my box 4001 to boot up wen having same problems as u was , was to hold the up down buttons on the front of the box while powering it up and waiting for boot to appear in the display and then let go of the buttons

thats me next suggestion out the window.i must have tried that tut on several boxes n its never worked for me,just unlucky i suppose.ive had some 4001's take hours to boot btw

mine did everything like urs with a good bit of advice from tbc mine is now working ljust leave it overnight as tbc said the 4001 are very tempermental so just leave it hooked up mate

Hi,
I had a similiar issue.
Best thing is set the frequency and reset. Leave it overnight and see if it boots back up
Regards
TT

i had same prob i'm on pure tried both freq. but i also changed my output freq. to 55 which is 743.250 and it booted up on page 1 in eng menu

well since you are not going to post what is on page six . i think you should try this .

on page six "BELFAST " it should be. channel freq 755.000
qam 064
symbol rate(msps) 6887

now if you check it probley does not have symbol rate (6887) but symbol rate (0000) if you go to page one and set symbol rate to 6887 then push servies to store . now if you leave if off for 10 minutes our so and plug back in it will have lost symbol rate again ,so have to do the same again .so dont forget when you change symbol rate to 6887 check page 6 again to see if the snr is still 000 wait untill it locks then take power out then power back up straight away shoul fix it for you .

michael

Same problem when my box updated to new software.I left it all day on tune and it eventually went to channel 999 which is a sign that it has worked. Yes it does take ages.

Back