Problems with images

enam12

Inactive User
Reaction score
When I fresh install the image, it flashes okay but when box turns on it just shows Boot logo and then just a blank screen. I've tried this with few images and get the same problem. Please help

I bought it from aliexpress. On the box it has a sticker to download firmware from vu-hd.com and the latest openvix they have is 029. How do i know which clone box I have

It's NOT a sunray, so either Lonrison or Dragonworth. Lonrison is most common clone.

I would personally avoid flashing with what is known on this forum as "v4 flash update" as some people are reporting problems with tuner after update (but ok before update).

Did you only recently purchase it and is it a solo2 or Solo2 SE ?

Clone ! very helpful given there are 3 clone manufacturers. Tell us what clone it is and any updates you may of applied to it.

You would be better posting a picture of the mobo for us to be certain what you have.

It's NOT a sunray, so either Lonrison or Dragonworth. Lonrison is most common clone.

I would personally avoid flashing with what is known on this forum as "v4 flash update" as some people are reporting problems with tuner after update (but ok before update).

Bought it as a solo 2. Would driver version and kernel help in anyway? Is there any versions for lonrison which has xbmc launcher installed

No, Lonrison and Dragonworth clones will not accept latest images with latest drivers that are needed for xbmc.

You would need an original or sunray clone to take advantage of xbmc simply because Lonrison are not supporting their customers by releasing newer safe drivers.

The best you could try is Kodi plugin.

What image you trying to flash/version and from where?

Clone ! very helpful given there are 3 clone manufacturers. Tell us what clone it is and any updates you may of applied to it.

You would be better posting a picture of the mobo for us to be certain what you have.

No, Lonrison and Dragonworth clones will not accept latest images with latest drivers that are needed for xbmc.

You would need an original or sunray clone to take advantage of xbmc simply because Lonrison are not supporting their customers by releasing newer safe drivers.

Anything past 029 to be honest. Dont really mind if xbmc is working or not

What image upload and where from? Was it a clonesafe image for Sunray clones or did it specifically mention Lonrison v4, or even mention nothing about type of clone is supported?

What image upload and where from? Was it a clonesafe image for Sunray clones or did it specifically mention Lonrison v4, or even mention nothing about type of clone is supported?

Well i currently have 029 Installed which i downloaded from vu-hd as it said on the sticker on the box only download it from that site. But i want a latest image and was wondering if theirs any clone safe ones

Sorry you will need to be clear.

What image have you now 029 and is that working fine or have you got another image and trying to flash 029 but you getting a blank screen?

What image have you now 029 and is that working fine or have you got another image and trying to flash 029 but you getting a blank screen?

Sorry, I currently have 029 installed. I tried installing a sunray image but just shows black screen after boot screen. Does that mean my box isnt a sunray

Sorry, I currently have 029 installed. I tried installing a sunray image but just shows black screen after boot screen. Does that mean my box isnt a sunray

Downloading from the website you named it was never going to be a sunray box so its Lorrison of Possibly Dragonworth

To eliminate any doubt it would be better for you to post a pic of your mobo and dont flash any images untill we are clear what box your have.

its not a sunray, most likely Lonrison.

I'm afraid you don't have many options

1. You stick with images from vu-hd website.
2. You risk trying a later image from this site that is for Lonrison clones but for those with v4 flash updates only.
3. You risk flashing your box to v4 flash update.

The safest option is 1.

Option 2, you risk bricking your box and that means a new nand flash chip (generally about £4 odd from chinese suppliers + cost of asking someone/place you know solder it for you).

Option 3, you risk having tuner issues after flashing with v4 flash update. More and more people recently have reported having problems with their tuners once they flashed it with v4 flash update (that didn't exist beforehand).

Personally, I would stick with option 1 as is safest. You take a risk with option 2 but can buy replacement nand flash chip if it becomes bricked and you're working again.

I personally would avoid option 3 because if you suffer from tuner issues then replacing flash chip makes no difference (so i've read) so you're stuck with a box with tuner issues and nothing you can do about it.

Downloading from the website you named it was never going to be a sunray box so its Lorrison of Possibly Dragonworth

To eliminate any doubt it would be better for you to post a pic of your mobo and dont flash any images untill we are clear what box your have.

its not a sunray, most likely Lonrison.

I'm afraid you don't have many options

1. You stick with images from vu-hd website.
2. You risk trying a later image from this site that is for Lonrison clones but for those with v4 flash updates only.
3. You risk flashing your box to v4 flash update.

The safest option is 1.

Option 2, you risk bricking your box and that means a new nand flash chip (generally about £4 odd from chinese suppliers + cost of asking someone/place you know solder it for you).

Option 3, you risk having tuner issues after flashing with v4 flash update. More and more people recently have reported having problems with their tuners once they flashed it with v4 flash update (that didn't exist beforehand).

Personally, I would stick with option 1 as is safest. You take a risk with option 2 but can buy replacement nand flash chip if it becomes bricked and you're working again.

I personally would avoid option 3 because if you suffer from tuner issues then replacing flash chip makes no difference (so i've read) so you're stuck with a box with tuner issues and nothing you can do about it.

This is motherboard. Sticker at back says 2.0. Guess i have to stick with 029 lol. http://s7.postimg.org/yti209i4b/IMAG0095.jpg

Back