Problems flashing a dm500s

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have a 500s which powers up but nothing comes on the tv screen. As in the TV does not acknowledge it is connected...wierd.

anyway thought i'd try and re flash it to scratch but when i connect and select connect , the dream up software hangs on ' upload complete, waiting for acknowledgment'

what shall i do to sort it out? if i cant get this bugger reflashed soon im going to buy a new one.

#fustrated

i can understand your fustration mate.
try an older version of dreamup.
in fact try a few.

-Crazy

crazy

thanks for the reply

what versions of dream up do you suggest?

thanks

nah man , still same old shit!
sometimes it recognises ive connected the DM but still says to power on the DM!

ive tried 4 different dream up versions....

i might chuck the dm in the bin now tbf

how are you connecting to pc are you using one of these by any chance

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 94
im using the usb converter thingy then the other lead into the dreambox...cant remember names sorry!

your best bet is to try it on a pc with a serial port and get a serial null cable, as them usb converters can be crap!

yeh i know what your saying..thing is dont have a pc or know anyone with a pc....

bought them off ebay yes and im on windows 7...

thanks

hi- instead of binning it please give it to me? could be my very first box to play with and learn the ropes,as i'm converting from cable to sat. thanks:Biggrin2:

something different fooked up with connection as it wont even connect to my dm800hd either...
so chaps what shall i do?

very forked off here.

Ash- are you able to FTP and Telnet into your dm500 without any problems?

Cheers- AL :)

to be honest...havent tried.
if i power up the dreambox and put in the ethernet, how will i find the ip address of the dreambox?

cheers

to be honest...havent tried.
if i power up the dreambox and put in the ethernet, how will i find the ip address of the dreambox?

cheers

Oh dear... then your only hope for this box, I think, is to find someone nearby you that has an older desktop pc or laptop with a proper RS232 COM serial port for DreamUp to connect with.

Most USB-Serial adaptors don't work with programs like DreamUp and the old dBox2 IFA, coz they don't use hardware interrupts (IRQs) like what a 'real' serial port gives you. So a serial mouse wouldn't work on your adapter either.

Sorry, m8- but if you had FTP and Telnet access, then I could have given you a script to reflash your box with...

Cheers- AL ;)

Ash when you first tried the usb to serial cable in your laptop did it look for drivers and did they install . I have never had a problem with usb adaptors on any windows platform. If it loaded drivers can you go into device manager on your pc and tell me what drivers it loaded.

ash give this a try mate.

Open a command prompt and paste in the data below it should then generate a file in c: "ipaddresses" which will tell you all devices and the ip addresses on your network.

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -a -n 1 192.168.1%i | FIND /i "Reply">>c:\ipaddresses.txt

One ought to be the dreambox. Then as PaphosAL says use Telnet.

If your in Edinburgh mate happy to help.

thanks for advice chaps.

i gave it one last chance last night and some how it flashed and worked.

bizarre!

anyway, ive got a dm 800 hd on the way lol, i ordered it in fustration when i couldnt get the 500 working!!

whats the best way to get the 28 e bouquets on the box?

thanks all.

Back