Jtagged DM500s

mastichick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Friends box was giving jip so bought it round to me to sort out, there was something wrong as although dcc, dreambox edit, putty would connect It wouldnt complete things. It would say that channels list had transferred but when you looked it hadnt. Couldnt connect with dreamup etc but eventually flashwizard pro allowed me to take a backup.

After struggling and eventually flashing new image because I couldnt do anything with the image thought Il just flash the backup back and just give it him back but flashwizard just messed it up and hung and eventually box is dead tink flashwizard had erased everthing so there was no image so I jtagged it and the dos program completes fine no problems there but I still cant connect dreamup to flash an image.

Should I try the windows program but my flash is identified to use the dos program and I think the windows ends up changing box id to another dreambox model from what Ive heard unless someones got a blimg file for a dm500s.

Have tried different cables and laptops and desktop with dedicated serial ports so anybody any suggestions of anyway to bring this box back to life.

Regards

have a try with a trusty old windows xp with a rs232 null modem cable and ideally the computer will have the rs232. Normally you change the com port between 1 to 3. Remember to have the the receiver turned off at the wall, hit connect on dream up , then switch on your receiver. Hopefully that will help. The problem with the rs232 usb convertors is they seem to have issues across win7 platforms mostly driver related.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have used rs232 null modem cable and pcs with dedicated com port running xp. Will get out another xp desktop I got that is faster processor to see if that makes a difference. Saying that I have got a win7 lappie with a usb to serial and it works just fine except for this particular box.

Regards

Hi

Just trying to bump this thread in the hope someone can come up with something. Ive tried another desktop today and 3 odd different null modem cables. Ive even jtagged again a couple of times and completes everytime so bootloader is deffo on and putty and hyper both show some activity yet various versions of dreamup wont connect.

If anyone can think of something would be gr8 as Im running out of things to say to m8.

Thanks

What version of dreamup are you using?

When I reveived one, I had to use a really old version. I can't remember which one though.

Hi

I used them all from 1.2.1.4 all the way upto 1.3.3.8 as well as the patched versions. Theres has been a bit of success as far as flashig is concerned. I came across some info in my searches about piggy backing a working dreamup to get dreamup going and swapping boxes and attemting it and saw that it was trying and eventually after a few attempts did flash fully no errors BUT when connecting to tv first stuck on darkstars setup menu so flashed again same method it wont connect to dreamup off is own back.

The second flash I flash erased a couple of times before flashing PLI image but now sticks on the PLI boot screen doesnt even get to menu screen.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi

After much messing about finally box is alive again, channels are scanned and sorted into bouquets, gonna give it back first thing tomorrow morning before anything else blooming goes wrong with it. Think its on its last legs now and only a matter of time before its scrap.

Regards

Back