problem with a 5.50 gen-d3 psp

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
as im back online lol ive just dug my boys old phat psp out which has been modded onto a 5.50 gen -d3. the problem is no games work both on mem card or gen game disk. if you put a game disk in it starts to load and then freezes with a black screen.

if this a psp fault or could it be a firmware fault? if firmware could someone point me to a good tut with all the files i need to download to upgrade it.

cheers

as im back online lol ive just dug my boys old phat psp out which has been modded onto a 5.50 gen -d3. the problem is no games work both on mem card or gen game disk. if you put a game disk in it starts to load and then freezes with a black screen.

if this a psp fault or could it be a firmware fault? if firmware could someone point me to a good tut with all the files i need to download to upgrade it.

cheers

disable the umd change the umd in vsh menu to m33 driver as ur dive may be goosed
get urself the original sony 660 firmware and update to that.
then use this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/271747/

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers jth m8 im trying to upgrade to 6.60 and keep getting an error if i try wirelessly so ive downloaded it via sony site and conected the psp via usb and can get to the psp,game folder but then it wont let me make a new folder on it?

unlock the wee tab on the side of the mem card, this mibby how you cant make a new folder.

ive got the update folder all onto the mem card and ive got to run the 6.60 update and i get a error message saying that the system software of your psp is version 9.90. there is no need to update?

This might show you better than
Me typing instructions m8
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers got that part sorted now ive got another problem with this psp and feel like throwing it out the window.
ive downloaded 6.60 ofw direct from sony and up it into the UPDATE folder. open it up via the game/mem card tag on the psp and it starts to run but then get the update cannot be started. the data is corrupted. (ioe80220089) im lost now as ive tryed formatting the mem card and putting a fresh 6.60 ofw back on it and i get this every time?

cheers got that part sorted now ive got another problem with this psp and feel like throwing it out the window.
ive downloaded 6.60 ofw direct from sony and up it into the UPDATE folder. open it up via the game/mem card tag on the psp and it starts to run but then get the update cannot be started. the data is corrupted. (ioe80220089) im lost now as ive tryed formatting the mem card and putting a fresh 6.60 ofw back on it and i get this every time?

that error code is for damaged memory card,have u got another?
or can you try it in other psp?
did u format in psp or pc?

not got any other cards or psps to try it on :( and i formated it in the psp

Back