Problem Enabling Internal WiFi in DM800SE

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Would anyone please be able to provide some tips or pointers on how I can get the internal WiFi module (8712u wireless network interface) to become functional in my dm800se?

I have tried the following options in combination and on their own but just cannot get the WiFi to connect:

1. Tried two different images (OpenPLi and DreamboxUK v2.1.2)
2. FTP'd the "WirelessLan" folder that is in the DreamboxUK rar file to the correct location on the dm800se
3. Disabled the hard wired LAN port in the menus of the dm800se and made sure the LAN cable is not connected
4. Deleted the dm800se device from the router and rebooted the router
5. Changed router WiFi encryption and tried several options
6. Changed router WiFi channel and tried several options

The WiFi module is enabled in the dm800se menus, I have entered the encryption mode and encryption key and when I use the "Scan For Networks" option in the dm800se it is detecting my router. The dm800se is in the same room as the router and is about 6ft away, I did move them closer together so that they were within 1ft with a clear line of sight but still no success.

This has me stumped, am I missing some simple setting?

Any help most appreciated.

Cdmt
Pimpi

what happens when you try to connect to your wireless network, do you get a DHCP IP Address from yuor router ? Does it work if you disable wireless security on yuor router ? Maybe worth trying the Sunray SR4 modded images from DreamOEM they are setup to have wifi support for the sunray WiFi module. I will upload some here when I get a chance.

what happens when you try to connect to your wireless network, do you get a DHCP IP Address from yuor router ? Does it work if you disable wireless security on yuor router ? Maybe worth trying the Sunray SR4 modded images from DreamOEM they are setup to have wifi support for the sunray WiFi module. I will upload some here when I get a chance.

Thanks for the reply.

No, there is no DHCP IP Address retrieved from the router.

I will have a look over on the DreamOEM forum to get an SR4 image.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Update:

I have flashed a newnigma SR4 image to the dm800se followed by a UK channel list via the hard wired LAN connection and it all went OK.

I then disconnected the LAN cable, disabled the LAN connectivity in the dm800se network settings, enabled the WLAN internal module and detected my router via a network scan.

With encryption turned on it fails to connect, however, if I disable the wifi encryption on the router and have an open network then it connects OK. I tested the connection with Filezilla and it can connect to the dm800se using wifi. Turning back on the router wifi encryption and securing the network causes the dm800se wifi connection to fail even though the correct encryption ket and encryption mode are stored in the dm800se.

So, it seems that the wifi is working on an open network but is not working on a secured wifi network.

Any advice on how to get it working on a secured network most appreciated.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Did you try a different security type i.e wep not wpa maybe?

Did you try a different security type i.e wep not wpa maybe?

Finally got it working, using the "WPA or WEP" setting, selecting channel 6 in the router wifi and wifi as /b/g only and not incuding /n.

This was with a newnigma SR4 image on a dm800se clone should anyone get this type of problem in the future.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Back