Printer ink

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So why are pens so cheap ?, their taking the urine. £31:50 for ink when the printer only cost £29:99 !!!

Mine is the colour yellow and only a fiver

They sell the printer cheap and make more money back by selling you the original ink

D
why are pens so cheap ?, their taking the urine. £31:50 for ink when the printer only cost £29:99 !!!

That's cheap. Some ink is like 50+.

Depending on what printer you have you may be able to get cheap generic ink from the likes of ebay.

It's one of the reasons I bought an Epson as I could get 20+ ink cartridges for less than 25 on ebay.

Oh Brother still using my toner one as everything is black and white.

304/304XL HP ink, I've had the eBay stuff and it was kak. I tried injecting the ink into the cartridges and tbh I was sick to death of p"ssing around getting them to flow, ink everywhere. I ran out and needed ink for a job. I went Tesco and got there own 304XL black/colour thats all they had in and its local to me. The printer wouldn't recognise the colour had to take them back

Laser printers are more expensive but tone is cheaper than ink and in general they dont have the same issues of non use that inkjet printers have

D
why are pens so cheap ?, their taking the urine. £31:50 for ink when the printer only cost £29:99 !!!

That's cheap. Some ink is like 50+.

Depending on what printer you have you may be able to get cheap generic ink from the likes of ebay.

It's one of the reasons I bought an Epson as I could get 20+ ink cartridges for less than 25 on ebay.
I too have an Epson . Managed to buy some cheap ink and guess what the printer can't recognise the ink. So we are being forced into buying top price for Epson's own ink.🤬

I use HP instant ink, pay 2 pounds a month so 24 pounds in a year and get ink delivered when the cartridge is about to run out

I too have an Epson . Managed to buy some cheap ink and guess what the printer can't recognise the ink. So we are being forced into buying top price for Epson's own ink.🤬
When I stick mine ink in it says non Epson ok continue and I just click ok and it works no problem.

Maybe something changed with the newer Epson printers

Last edited:
When I stick mine ink in it says non Epson ok continue and I just click ok and it works no problem.

Maybe something changed with the newer Epson printers
It worked fine with the last printer ink with this new batch the printer doesnt recognise them.

Got myself an Epson Eco Tank a few years......no more cartridges just top the tanks up, so worth considering if your in the market a new printer.
do you need to print every so often to keep the jets clean?

Back