poxy fkin archives

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
spent about 3 hours last night and this orning creating acompletly new rootfs-overlay structure, fully DW-ised, even though it didnt actually fix anything, it made customising images piss easy, and i could have (as in now cant) created a downloadable ipk for ppanel download over UR images as well

anyway........

checked everything i had done, FTP'd it to a receiver, rebooted the receiver, all was good, then decided to compile an image, with everything included before the setup wizard starts, and then create the ipk from the overlay files.

set a compile running, reset the receiver to UR ready to check that all the DW stuff is there after the wizard runs (this was so that images wouldnt be backup images when released)

compile completed, copied update to usb, fired up miniroot, and flashed, noticed DW boot screen, so far so good, then 'Loading PLi-E2-UR...' in the display??? that shouldnt be there??

wizard start, setup your Linuxbox??? that should say TM800??

install default channel list, yes, no lists available??? i setup rats channel list as default within the wizard, setup sat, defaulted to 19.2 on start, i changed that to 28.2

by now i know that something is not right, i abandon the receiver and go back to the laptop

the whole new overlay file structure i created has been overwritten with OLD UR stuff

BASTAD FUKIN ARSE CLOWN MUTHER FUKER TW@ :( :( :(

looked into it, and a file from last april is STILL being used and calling on archives, so the overlay actually gets deleted, then unpacked from an archive, before going into the image

ive played with some stupid, backwards, makes no sense, crap, but this has now really pissed me fkin off

If they release the 500HD before the 800 is sorted, im jumping ship, and going to E1TM and the openPLi stuff for dreamboxes

the LATEST code we have access to has none of the changes added to images since around 12/12

this is like trying to swim up a fkin waterfall

UR_ Have no idea and the sooner they are fooked off and teams given the FULL source code as promised more than once
things will not progress

im not even trying to fix anything in it any more. ill create my own overlay archive for customising, but thatll be it

theres no point in trying to fix something that even if you DO fix it, as soon as you try to apply the fix to a compile, it gets overwritten with files as old as the beta releaes of the receivers.

i cant believe how much losing those files has pissed me off :(

I hate to say told you so but now you know that I havn't been full of sh!t.

I have been saying from day 1 what a heap of sh!t the cvs was.

I'm 99.9% going for the vu+ duo, seems the clearview hasn't got the support yet either :)

i never thought you was full of it m8 :) but trying to get information is nearly impossible. richard @ TM has no idea what is happening, it seems that 'miky' is in total control, and no matter what richard asks or says, its down to miky, this was obvious when i heard them the other night on the phone

ive downloaded nearly all of the openPLi stuff, but will still make a 'cutomising' package for the TM800 from the files, but as im learning as i go along, the TM800 'source' isnt teaching me anything

ive started to build my own rootfs-overlay archive, and, instead of looking for ways to fix things that dont work, ive decided to have a little fun with the things that DO work, when things dont work, like, the green screen of death lol

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

just had an email, and they have found the exact cause of this problem

the DW image

iwont post the email here, but what a croc of shit, but what i will post, is my reply

hi richard

ive tried this today with the 29/12 image from beta downloads, and with 23/12 image, and cannot get wifi working at all. it finds it etc, but doesnt connect, ive followed the instructions to the letter.

ive also deleted and redownloaded the source,and we are creating images from a different source to the images UR are making. the enigma version of an image i created today from a fresh checkout is dated 17/12, and still has old menu on usb button. UR images enigma is dated 18/12 and has the new usb menu

i cant figure out how a satellites.xml file would affect the wifi from connecting though, as the DW backup images is just the UR image with a few extras for EPG, and a few graphics changed, none of the configuration files are touched in any way

also, last night and today, i spent hours creating a filesystem that would auto install all the epg stuff during compiling, but, during the compiling, everything i had done was erased, and overwritten with older UR stuff, sending everything back to UR default, which even though its the latest source version, downloaded today, is still older than images released by UR over 2 weeks ago, again, as verified by the enigma version in the about screen and by comparing the menu screen when pressing the usb button

On the back of this, im now only going to modify / customise / decorate UR versions, as any changes made get overwritten with older files, undoing any progress made, as well as finding out from you a few days ago that media player is purposly disabled deep within the source, after spending over 2 months being told that its an application error, even though the gstreamer files are now in the svn, the receiver can be worked on live, as my 'media image' proved, but with the codecs being disabled, nothing will ever make it work untill UR decide it can.

I'll concentrate on making it look pretty, and adding the plugins that people ask for, but as far as fixing actual image problems, i feel that every turn is a dead end, and after 6 months of URs missed dates, purposley disabled image features and numerous updates aimed at payserver type traders with all the passwords etc, im going to concentrate on the E1 code for the next few months instead

im not stopping working on the tm800, im just not trying to fix things for a while on it

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the email .

Please do not go back before s/w 30-11-10 you will get problems.
download UR-23-12-10 and do factory rest off/on then start again.

I can understand frustration of working hard not being able to get successful result .

our system is totally different to braodcom chip which is not dreambox or vu+way .
theirs done 90% by broadcom chip s/w engineers all easy will not take long to build an image .
ours need a bit of reading and having 2 way communication with us so coder can understand how is done.
start new and fallow the instruction if you can not get further do not give up we are only phone call -email-msn away
we will have solution to help you to progress in minutes then days.
uploaded today more help in text section of source files also
you can upload that to tm800 forums or send to coders/devalopers.

as we understand we took this big task on the understanding and knowing that this is a new challenge and different way of doing things,
if coders finding hard then solution is here ,
Understanding in any new venture there are some limitation and some advantages.please think of bigger advantages then features
nxp chip will not support HD skins at this moment until new drivers written which is not priority at this moment ,,,,max.resolution now it is 760x576 sd.
Please remember at any stage of any difficulty contact me from monody 9 am till mid night sundae 7 days a week.
Below we released today.

New files updated for developers

trunk/dev_help/Conflection_Howto

trunk/dev_help/HOWTOdevEnv

trunk/dev_help/HowtousebootladerCommand

howtobuild_WIFIModules

Regards.

Richard

digidude;1881201 it seems that 'miky' is in total control said:
pmsl told u ages ago tis was miky with the code, took fooking ages for us to get the itgate shit sorted to a degree and that was providing him with patches/code and a step by step guide lol he works at his own pace and was a nightmare to deal with and still IS !!

Back