Powering on a Dreambox 800 ?

he's not all bad a sellick fan!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

with the 800s if u unplug the power count to 30 then turn on ,they will boot every time.

I find that I need to let my PSU discharge completely before it'll re-boot.

Strange, but true!

If I unplug the box and leave it for 30 seconds then sometimes it'll boot and sometimes it won't, however, if I unplug the PSU from the mains and let it 'rest' for about 10 seconds, I'm guaranteed that it will boot 1st time.

Are Genuine DM800's like this or is it just us cheap skates with clones?

lol

Strange, but true!

If I unplug the box and leave it for 30 seconds then sometimes it'll boot and sometimes it won't, however, if I unplug the PSU from the mains and let it 'rest' for about 10 seconds, I'm guaranteed that it will boot 1st time.

lol

are you getting problems with HD glitching?

are you getting problems with HD glitching?

I'm lucky if I can even watch a HD channel!

lol

It's weird though as everything is perfect just afer I install a new image, then after an hour or so it starts glitching, then it becomes unwatchable.

Strange, but true!

lol
I've got this problem"error!:no ca found". Mine is DM800HD with rev.m tuner bought in Dec'10. I had Dreamelite v1.0 from prz team and all was well till suddenly it stopped. I vr tried dreamup 1336 and the patched ones mentioned with enforcer etc but there is no connection-I mean nothing happens "connection prepared now switch on dreambox". I dont have another DM to try the other methot. Any suggestions

Hi,

I have the same proplem. Did it help?

I do have exatly the same issue :-(

Did you solve it?

Did not help for me :/

I´m also interested in any solution to this issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Old thread but I have a similar problem.
Genuine DM 8000, downloaded an obviously wrong plugin; after restart the front panel LED shows error!
With dreamup it shows no ca found.
With a pathched dream up to enble the flash button it gets stuck at check-sum.
Anyone knows how to fix it ?

You need to use both a null modem cable and a ethernet cable at the same time.

Tick network in dreamup with both attached then power on the box, dreamup should say box is in HTTP mode and the box should then show a IP on its display. Use that IP to flash via browser as normal.

You need to use both a null modem cable and a ethernet cable at the same time.

Tick network in dreamup with both attached then power on the box, dreamup should say box is in HTTP mode and the box should then show a IP on its display. Use that IP to flash via browser as normal.

Thanks for a prompt answer!
If it was only that easy; the error message comes on immediately after power on, (DM 8000 not 800), no chance for HTTP mode.
Using the null modem cable and ethernet; dreamup, in network mode, sees the box but the flash button is greyed out, on the LED : no CA found.
By using dreamenforcer or similar, I can enable the flash button; I can access the box via HTTP but it does not flash, it just goes through the motions but nothing happens. After reboot we are back to the error message.

Any working suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for a prompt answer!
If it was only that easy; the error message comes on immediately after power on, (DM 8000 not 800), no chance for HTTP mode.
Using the null modem cable and ethernet; dreamup, in network mode, sees the box but the flash button is greyed out, on the LED : no CA found.
By using dreamenforcer or similar, I can enable the flash button; I can access the box via HTTP but it does not flash, it just goes through the motions but nothing happens. After reboot we are back to the error message.

Any working suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Obviously you have to press and hold down the power button. Well this always works without fail when i need to recover.

Your other option is the Optiflasher software.

I will try optiflasher, the HTTP mode does not work.

Thanks. once again.

Back