possible future wireless adapters for TM800?

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, Technomate should be releasing a wireless adapter for the TM800 soon which unless you're lucky to register quick enough, will set you back a tidy penny.

Having a poke about the file structure of the latest image the following file pops up in etc\wireless\RT2870STA\RT2870STA.DAT - I'm assuming this is the driver and a quick Google shows this as a 802.11n chipset.

This page shows a healthy list of supported devices and therefore would assume that once the box images hook into the driver we may have a decent choice of cheaper 3rd party wireless usb adapters

Fingers crossed

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
As most of you know, Technomate should be releasing a wireless adapter for the TM800 soon which unless you're lucky to register quick enough, will set you back a tidy penny.

Register?

I was told that we'd be getting them sent out by the supplier that we bought them from.

:err:

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Technomate website

We apologise for the launch delay of the TM-800 HD. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer the first 500 customers* who purchase a TM-800 HD within June 2010, a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50. *We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card. It will be available by the end of June 2010.
*We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Yes I know mate, but another member said that EuroSky would be sending them out automatically to all buyers.

I'm waiitng to hear from EuroSky themselves.

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly I guess. I got mine from Eurosky but haven't been told that. Might be worth you sending off just in case you miss out

TEST