possible future wireless adapters for TM800?

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, Technomate should be releasing a wireless adapter for the TM800 soon which unless you're lucky to register quick enough, will set you back a tidy penny.

Having a poke about the file structure of the latest image the following file pops up in etc\wireless\RT2870STA\RT2870STA.DAT - I'm assuming this is the driver and a quick Google shows this as a 802.11n chipset.

This page shows a healthy list of supported devices and therefore would assume that once the box images hook into the driver we may have a decent choice of cheaper 3rd party wireless usb adapters

Fingers crossed

As most of you know, Technomate should be releasing a wireless adapter for the TM800 soon which unless you're lucky to register quick enough, will set you back a tidy penny.

Register?

I was told that we'd be getting them sent out by the supplier that we bought them from.

:err:

From Technomate website

We apologise for the launch delay of the TM-800 HD. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer the first 500 customers* who purchase a TM-800 HD within June 2010, a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50. *We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card. It will be available by the end of June 2010.
*We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card.

Yes I know mate, but another member said that EuroSky would be sending them out automatically to all buyers.

I'm waiitng to hear from EuroSky themselves.

Possibly I guess. I got mine from Eurosky but haven't been told that. Might be worth you sending off just in case you miss out

Back