Popcorn Hour A110

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that these are selling for peanuts recently? The going rate seems to be £100 now that the newer model has been launched.

Has anyone compared this to a different brand, any thoughts on the A110?

I would still get the Acer Revo m8 its about as small as the A110 but you can do so much more with it and its about £40 more :)

I did notice the price drop munkey, its quite good for the money but personally...I am an Xtreamer fan.

It's a twisted loyality to be honest, when VM stop the boxes over here, I will not be able to get any other channels because we don't get Freeview until 2012, the Xtreamer has all the Freeview channels. I don't know if popcorn hour have that or not.

I wasn't aware that the Xtremer had all of the Freeview channels, that's rather brilliant. I'll read up on that now.

I guess I'll pass on the A110, shouldn't really buy something just because it's cheap :(

I wasn't aware that the Xtremer had all of the Freeview channels, that's rather brilliant. I'll read up on that now.

I guess I'll pass on the A110, shouldn't really buy something just because it's cheap :(

Not just freeview channels at that munkey, they have custom rss links and more and more are being added on a daily basis for all categories.

Just for your info, freeview will be decent if you can't get it any other way, its not just a matter of switching between channels, you have to stop one then start another because they are feeds and it may take 10 seconds between them. Wouldn't want you thinking its automatic but in general the rss feeds are a real added bonus.

I've a PCH a110.

At the time it was the cheapest NMT I could source in the UK and the NMT feature set was closest to what I wanted: .avi, .mkv, h.264 and iso; internal hard drive mounting; USB and ethernet/wifi.

However, there are other players around the current £100 price point that may offer more features. For example youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup or just .flv in general etc

I've a PCH a110.

At the time it was the cheapest NMT I could source in the UK and the NMT feature set was closest to what I wanted: .avi, .mkv, h.264 and iso; internal hard drive mounting; USB and ethernet/wifi.

However, there are other players around the current £100 price point that may offer more features. For example youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup or just .flv in general etc

Now I remember what I didn't buy one a few weeks back, lack of BBC iplayer functionality. Whoever delivers on compatibility with the iplayer will get my money.

Thanks for the feedback lads.

Back