Please,please help!!!!!black screen of death????

glazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please help me ..i have given up trying to\get wii sports resort to work as i was planning on getting it friday for the kids anyways so me and the kids played a bit of grand slam tennis wii sports ect all fine nps..but now after the wii being off for a couple hrs i get nothing but a black screen and cant do anything at all,even tried it with sd card out but no joy kids are devestated and i feel sick to the stomach rigt now cos i cant get the menu up or nothing can you please help me or is my wii broken and can this black screen be fixed somehow please help im totaly lost and desperate for my kids to get this sorted..

Daz.

EDIT.

This was the last thing i installed...NEOGAMMA_R5_RC1wad.rar from what i can remember.

Do you have preloader or bootmii installed ?

When you say installed leeagt do u mean ont he wii itself or on the SD card..if i remember rightly i installed bootmii cos i remember seeing the menu for the first time and realising i couldnt move it with the wii remote for 5 mins before finding out i had to use the power and reset buttons to cycle through the bootmii menu options..i could be wrong though:)

Does preolader need to be on the sd card mate or boot up without sd card?

Last edited:
preloader is installed to your wii mate so you just need the hacks.ini on the root of your sd card then it should boot with the steps in my last post. you did install preloader yesterday right?

Right got the hacks.ini on the sd card will try know mate.

Nah mate not having it,im holding the reset button with sd card in the wii pressing the power button but nothing just black screen,when it first comes on theres a faint glimpse of the background menu all in like dark shadows but it realy is only a glimpse and my chances of this wii not being zonked are fading with evry second:(

Funny thing is the reset button dosent seem to work at all, i press it when powered on nout happens at all.

Try using a different SD card. I had a similar problem last week and used a different SD card and it worked.

Make sure you have the hacks.ini file in the root of your SD card for preloader to work

file is in the root and ive tried a second sd card but still nothing whilst hiolding reset button then powering on the wii just a blackscreen..:(:(

Sorry for the slow reply and i realy do apreciate all your help fellas..:)

marra yes its named hacks.ini and its in the root of the sd card.

G.

Hay
try setting the bootmii config file to load straight to homebrew

see marra's post here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/208392/

if your seeing the menu for split second it could be some things screwed your settings for the menu default 50/ 60hz

try it on a 60htz / 100 htz tv if you can and see if you get a pic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get any kind of light on the wii ? Blue round the disc slot of red power button when it's off ?

Hi mate ..yep i get a blue light round the disk and red when its off.

hang on a sec lol you havent got bootmii installed have you mate?
just for the sake of it mate try turning on your wii and immediately press and hold reset.

Last edited:
Back