Please help, Upgrade gone wrong!

ssmacc

Inactive User
Reaction score
I’ve just had an XBOX chipped with an Aladdin 3, it was working fine with the Unleashed dashboard – I backed up all C and E drive (thank God!) and then ran Slayers Auto Installer 2.6, it now boots straight into the Microsoft dashboard, it will not boot from the DVD-ROM and I can not ftp to it? I’d just like to install the Evox Dashboard – someone please help me!

Cheers

your best option is to do a hot swap using xboxhdm you can acces ur files using xbrowser built in to the program read my tut in this section also if you wish use the uxe this will install evox

Thanks Gopher2005, although I can’t find the guide you referring to! Could you give me some more clues as to its whereabouts (sorry if I’m been thick!)

I recently had the same problem, I select the stealth option on the install menu on the slayers disc, I reinstall evox using the standard installation (first option) and it works ok. Not sure if this helps as I am new to xbox modding.

tlaktomyself said:
I recently had the same problem, I select the stealth option on the install menu on the slayers disc, I reinstall evox using the standard installation (first option) and it works ok. Not sure if this helps as I am new to xbox modding.

Thanks for the suggestion but the main problem is that I can’t get it to boot from a disk! When I put in the Evox disk it comes up with the standard wrong disk error message...

have you tryed flashing the chip agan see what happens

ssmacc said:
Thanks for the suggestion but the main problem is that I can’t get it to boot from a disk! When I put in the Evox disk it comes up with the standard wrong disk error message...

Iwa s trying 2 put slayer on, an i kept gettin tht mesage tried like 5 different DVD's (i was using Nero), so i gt hold of DVD Dycrypter an it did it :banana:

Put the disc in an it booted up fine :proud:

ssmacc said:
Thanks Gopher2005, although I can’t find the guide you referring to! Could you give me some more clues as to its whereabouts (sorry if I’m been thick!)

hi here is the link to the tut i posted http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72605 all links to the software are posted on it hope it helps i had a simalar pro i tyred 2 format a friends f drive to give an extra 2 gig by editing the ini file which disabled the abilaty to ftp so i editid it with xbrowser.

OK thanks for the suggestions I will give them all a go when I get home from work tonight, I’d just like to re-emphasise that the XBOX is acting like a chip isn’t even it, the chip should kick in if the power button is held down for a couple of seconds. After the Evox install (2.6 – which has worked on 4 other machines) I can’t seem to enter any bios and dashboard other than the standard MS! It’s from the MS dashboard that I get the error message…I will go through the posts tonight and update you all.

Thanks again for the help really appreciate it.

Just read the tutorial (gopher2005) and that looks way to complicated for me! There must be an easier way given that I’ve completely backed up the XBOX? I just can’t help thinking that it’s not seeing the chip for some reason! I would assume that if the chip was there and not working it would just hang when I tried to boot from the modded bios?

ssmacc said:
.. I just can’t help thinking that it’s not seeing the chip for some reason! I would assume that if the chip was there and not working it would just hang when I tried to boot from the modded bios?

If you have a bad d0 connection on your chip install it will attempt to boot the standard M$ BIOS, ie not the BIOS you flashed onto your Aladdin. I would check your d0 connection first m8.

Bard said:
If you have a bad d0 connection on your chip install it will attempt to boot the standard M$ BIOS, ie not the BIOS you flashed onto your Aladdin. I would check your d0 connection first m8.

I shall do, I can open the XBOX as I’ve upgraded a hard drive in the past. However, that’s as far as my knowledge goes, can you see the connection when the hard drive is removed?

ssmacc said:
I shall do, I can open the XBOX as I’ve upgraded a hard drive in the past. However, that’s as far as my knowledge goes, can you see the connection when the hard drive is removed?

You can m8, once the hdd/dvdrom caddy is removed you will be able to see them all.

jase02476 said:
have you tryed flashing the chip agan

Will it boot another disk, any disk, for instance an original game?

It still sounds to me like a bad d0, but to save you taking it to bits try and reflash ur BIOS first as jase suggests.

the d0 connection is under the Motherboard you will have to take it all apart and see if it is ok or not and just check the connections to the chip to

sorry i was thinking of another chip just take the hardrive and dvdrom out and it should be all there just chek all connections

i just dont undrstand it was working ok till you put Slayers Auto Installer disc in it what settings did you click on when you put the Slayers Auto Installer disc in save you takeing it all apart

jase02476 said:
i just dont undrstand it was working ok till you put Slayers Auto Installer disc in it what settings did you click on when you put the Slayers Auto Installer disc in save you takeing it all apart

I did a full install with a retail hard drive. It had Unleashed on which I’ve not used before so I figured I’d do a clean install of slayers, backed everything up first of all as its connected to the PC so no problems there, then did the install, rebooted when it had done and then I saw the M$ Dashboard…and tragically I’ve seen nothing but that since!

Part of me thinks it only had a softmod done, would that explain the above? Worst comes to the worst I’ll take it back to Bowlers on Saturday and get them to look at it, I assume the ‘pros’ will be able to sort it out if I can’t?

Thanks again!

Back