vplug 2.39 help please

AU using vPlu 2.4.0.0

Not having any luck at all with this lol, were did you enter the EMM keys? from the thread, you need to determine your EMM provider thats in use, in my case (TW) 5A01, which is 5B01 in vplug, then edit the EMM to 1F3F which i've done...... still it doesn't AU so i'm missing something!!!!

WHAT!

Please come on lads help.

any particular reason you cant read the popup box that appears when you install vplug - or the vplug runnign logs which alos tell you which file is mising?

download a reasonably current v_keys file and place it in vplug dir or download a softcam.key file and import the emm keys from it (vplug will do it for you if you ask it nicely)

google is your friend

any particular reason you cant read the popup box that appears when you install vplug - or the vplug runnign logs which alos tell you which file is mising?

download a reasonably current v_keys file and place it in vplug dir or download a softcam.key file and import the emm keys from it (vplug will do it for you if you ask it nicely)

google is your friend

Not sure what your on about? vplug 2.4.1 Full version with v_keys.db & v_sids.db are installed, they are less than a week old full loaded with the very lastest softcam.key, again i can get the channels to open working fine, but when the keys (TW) are removed its not AUing.

Can you help, is yours AUing?

something or nothing.... i'm doing the testing with mediaportal!

all I did was install mp
scan
install mdapi
install vplug to mdplugins
copy v_keys to mdplugins

have you checked your v_keys.db file contains an entry for 5A01 and 5B01?

all I did was install mp
scan
install mdapi
install vplug to mdplugins
copy v_keys to mdplugins

have you checked your v_keys.db file contains an entry for 5A01 and 5B01?

Yes 5A01 and 5B01 softkeys keys are their, but were do you enter the EMM (nagra N1 algorithm key); the algorithm that generates the softcam key.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
(x's add and number removed)

From what I gather the v_keys.db hold the softkeys, its possible the v_sids.db is were the fault could be, me thinking this holds the above algorithm in its own format?

I've got the stage were you enter 1F3F in the EMM sids, so far i've changed the entry within the 5B01 from 0025 to 1F3F (this i think is Vplug own format for the above algorithm), do i need to do it to two set of EMM's (5a01) also?

Last edited:
the point is that you shouldnt need to do this - i would suggest you check the emm decrypt keys in a softcam.key file against ones from another source - or from a v_keys.db file - you shoudlnt need to open the file to do this as vplug will use any v_keys file it finds or you can import them from a softcam.key file and then see what it's using in the keys viewer

I would also check you have the 4 tickboxes on the top of the monitor window checked and that you havent deleted not just the standard decrypt keys but the entries for you provider in v_keys by deleting the standard keys.

I'd also suggest you download another v_keys.db file which is older (emm decrypt keys for uk providers havent changed in a long time) - dont manually enter keys - make sure tickboxes are checkeed and tune to a nonfta channel and see what happens - decryption will normally fail first time round as MP changes channel fasteer than vplug can aquire keys

btw v_sid.db is irrelevant - it holds tunign info - algorithm is build into vplug not into any support files

I assume you may have seen this already but just in case you havn't ...

When you first start vplug monitor it should list the emm pids and one of those contains the keys, edit v_emm.ini like so

[5D01] ; this is your provider
PID=**** ; this is a four digit hex from vplug monitor
Schedule=0
Active=1

Last edited:
@birkenhead, when you say AU this is for when the keys roll next, to get it to use the current keys (without entering them manually or a softcam.key), start again, go to vplugs editor (I use 2.4.2) right click below the keys and delete all records do as in post 2 try changing channels a few times, if it don’t clear in a minute or two go back to the editor and right click on the verify key and delete selected record, do as charlieram’s post to make it AU when the keys roll, you'll have to wait until the next roll to check.

Back