Please help me. I'm having a few problems

Adrian_london

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've had a VU+ Solo2 for about 3 years now. It's been so long since I set the thing up that I've forgotten SO SO much about it all. I had it running on build 748............we're now on Apollo!!!!

I put a new hard drive in and have been able to flash the box to the latest:-

Apollo build 166
Kernel 3.13.5
GStreamer 0.10.36(GIT)
Python 2.73

I have a couple of problems.

Problem One
I have some CCcam details which I have put in the etc folder but I still can't seem to be able to watch **y TV. (I do have softcam CCcam 2.3.0 up and running)

Problem Two
I am having a real problem getting an ABM and EPG working correctly. I have tried using the guide available but have had no luck. In the OpenTVproviders, once I make sure there is a green tick next to Sky Uk Open TV and press the yellow button to download I get the following message............... CrossEPG error: No valid NIM found.

Another problem occurs when using Dreambox Edit. When I get to the part that tells me to click on Fast FTP Upload it tells me that I need to set 'Enable multiple bouquets to yes'. I cannot see that option in the expoert list.

Please be gentle with me as I consider myself a newbie again!!!!

Adrian

1. Have you started CCcam in the softcam menu?

2. Downloading from that menu downloads the highlighted provider, not the ticked one. If you exit that menu, downloading will download the selected one. I normally download from Blue button.

Firstly, thank you for such a quick response.

I have indeed started the CCcam in the softcam menu. I have just stopped it and then restarted it just to make sure.

Once I did that, I then went to a free channel (ITV) and pressed the blue button. I then used option 2 which is the CrossEPG Downloader. It did download. I have managed to do that before.

When I try to watch **y *port* One it tells me that the tune failed. Also, as a matter of interest, when I click on the ok button twice it used to tell me which server I was using. Now it doesn't.

As it's now 23:45 I'm about to go to bed. Please don't think I'm being rude if I don't reply immediately to you response. Have a good night and hopefully I'll be able to finish dealing with this tomorrow afternoon after work.

I'm no expert, but I've had to delete the CCcam.cfg file from the box and FTP it across again to get channels to clear. Don't ask me why but it worked for me. Good luck.

You can check if CCcam is connected to your peer by going into CCcam info.

In ABM, if you have Freesat enabled, disable it for now. The transponder details changed, ABM fails to lock on to it without a modification.

I'm no expert, but I've had to delete the CCcam.cfg file from the box and FTP it across again to get channels to clear. Don't ask me why but it worked for me. Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a blast tomorrow. I would do it now but everything is off. Look out for a post by me tomorrow afternoon.

Again, thank you for your support.

Nice to see a new member doing things the right way. asking for help in a way that makes other members want to help and not just spamming the board to get a download. You're the type of member who will always be welcome on DW

Let's just hope the help works!!! I'll know later on today.

Let's just hope the help works!!! I'll know later on today.

Are you using vix build 166??
if you are then i had the same problems with my vu solo2 and believe it or not it all came down to the wifi adapter..
saying that i have read alot of other solo2 users running 166 have problems and i advised them to go back to build 163 and hey presto everything is as it should be..there seems to be something no quite right with vix 166 for solo2..
so if all else fails change wifi adapter and or flash build 163 its in the archive solo2 of vix downloads plus 166 will not be updated its the last Apollo build and vix are due to release a new image build that will require a clean set up/flash.

I'm on 166 never noticed any problems but I use mgcamd and ethernet (via homeplugs).

Maybe wifi adapter had new driver or something that was buggy!

Thank you for the advice. I tried it but it didn't seem to work. I'm going to try Apollo 163 now.

You can check if CCcam is connected to your peer by going into CCcam info.

In ABM, if you have Freesat enabled, disable it for now. The transponder details changed, ABM fails to lock on to it without a modification.

The good news is that I've got it working. I'm using the quote above as that is what I did (disable the Freesat). I now have a picture on S** *ports On*

Now all I have to do is sort out the EPG and ABM.

Baby steps for me!!!!

I'd like to thank everyone for all of their help and advice. I'd especially like to thank Abu Baniaz as it would appear that it was his advice that got it up and running. You've all been great.

For your information, I'm running Apollo 166. I didn't go back to 163 as I said I would.

Now all I need to do is make a backup of the settings just in case it all goes wrong!!!!!!!

Again, thank you everyone.

Adrian

I forgot to mention..........

I've also done a backup of the image and also the tar.gz This way, if anything goes wrong, at least I have a backup.

I would like to ask for help regarding ABM's and EPG's but I'll leave that for another time (and probably a different forum).

Adrian

Back