Please help - Lost all my files and need to sort my Atmega for 3.7

Pie Eyed

Member +
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Due to a Hard-Drive failure, I've lost all the files that I had for my Atmega card.

All I've been able to salvage is some bits from 2005/2006.

On top of that, I just got hit with the 3.7 update, so now I need to figure it all out again.

Anyway, I need to know what files I need to make it work.
I've downloaded the 3.7 TW fix file

What I need to know is do I need to do anything with that file, or is it just used as downloaded (I think it is, as I think it's the Int Eeprom file - Is that correct?).

Secondly, which External file should I be using now?
I see Chaos, Toxic, Redneck - Are these externals?
Also, they are all .HEX files. I know that I used to have 2 x .HEX and 1 x .BIN but I can't remember which ones went where.

Fortunately, I still have a note of my BK and IRD, but which file do I put them in (and if it's a HEX file, how do I read that in NagraEdit4.0?)

Finally, I'm in TW area using Atmega 163 and a MiniSDK programmer.

Oh - Which version of MiniSDK should I be using?
I have 2.70 and 2.72 (I seem to recall that 2.71 wasn't right for my setup)

Sorry for all the questions, but I learnt all this so long ago that I have just relied on having and modifying the right files for the past 4 years, and I'm completely lost now that I have to start again.

Thanks
Craig

Hi guys.

Due to a Hard-Drive failure, I've lost all the files that I had for my Atmega card.

All I've been able to salvage is some bits from 2005/2006.

On top of that, I just got hit with the 3.7 update, so now I need to figure it all out again.

Anyway, I need to know what files I need to make it work.
I've downloaded the 3.7 TW fix file

What I need to know is do I need to do anything with that file, or is it just used as downloaded (I think it is, as I think it's the Int Eeprom file - Is that correct?).

Secondly, which External file should I be using now?
I see Chaos, Toxic, Redneck - Are these externals?
Also, they are all .HEX files. I know that I used to have 2 x .HEX and 1 x .BIN but I can't remember which ones went where.

Fortunately, I still have a note of my BK and IRD, but which file do I put them in (and if it's a HEX file, how do I read that in NagraEdit4.0?)

Finally, I'm in TW area using Atmega 163 and a MiniSDK programmer.

Oh - Which version of MiniSDK should I be using?
I have 2.70 and 2.72 (I seem to recall that 2.71 wasn't right for my setup)

Sorry for all the questions, but I learnt all this so long ago that I have just relied on having and modifying the right files for the past 4 years, and I'm completely lost now that I have to start again.

Thanks
Craig

If you still have your atmega card read the external in atmega ird reader.

This will get your confirmed ird and boxkey.

Now if you have Toxic put in your ird and boxkey,put a cam id in 2C AC AC AC.

Leave keys blank and save to TW.

This is a bin file and needs to be a hex.

Drag your new toxic bin file over swapbinhex it will change to a hex file.

This is your new external eeprom.

Erase card and write external first with toxic hex.

Load the Redneck8b atmega hex flash into flash memory and write just the flash.

Job done,if need any programs pm your email and will send them.

Andy.

Can write you a quick toxic external if you pm email.

Last edited:
take a deep breath, if you have the bk and IRD you will be fine,

you need two files, flash file, which you said you have downloaded 3.7 fix for atmega, be careful there is one for the funcard as well which is different.

So youhave your flash file as above, you dont need to do anything with that, at the moment, just putit to oneside.

the second file you need is your extheep file, now this you make yourself, search for toxic7 and download it., this is a piece of software that when you run it, will ask for your BK and IRD, you have to put a cam in but you can make that up,also you tick a radio button for your area. then save the file, this will save as a bin file, so you can save it as extheep.bin, it will automatically saveit as a .bin extention.

right you have your two files now, you have your flash file whixh is your 3.7fix.hex file and the file you have just created you extheep.bin file

put the card in your programmer, the flash file goes in your flash, ignore the intheep, nothing goes in there, and your bin file goes in your extheep.
Write your card and give it a try, I am sure you will have more questions on the way, but this will give you start to understanding again.

Thanks guys.

Andy, thanks for the offer of emailing the files. That's really good of you.

Lacutas, cheers for the info. If the files from Andy don't do it, I'll do it that way.

It's just really annoying that I let myself forget how to do these, and am now panicking like a noob because I don't remember how to fix my box.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
Craig

OK.

Thanks to both of you guys - But especially Andy for the email.

I can't believe I was getting my knickers in a knot over something that was/is so simple.

All fixed again, cheers.

At least I can squeeze the last bit of pleasure out of the box before N3.

Rep added for both of you.
:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Back