playing backups.

popol

New Member ++
Reaction score
I had been trying backups on my box, the problem is that I can play games but they sometimes freeze halfway through the games . I know people say that the type of disc is important but I have tried ritek type discs. I had iextreme 1.3 but the only way to play the games properly was to revert to the old extreme fast read software. Could someone explain what I should do as I have flashed my drive with different speed of the new iextreme 1.3 with no luck. I would like any advice please.
I have a samsung and it plays original fine.

verbatims, never fail, worth the extra cost to save on the headaches!

I know people say that the type of disc is important but I have tried ritek type discs.

What makes you think that Ritek are quality discs?

I don't rate them at all.

Buy Verbatims if you want your backups to definately work (and you are rich), else it's a case of trial and error, I get great results from cheap Aone and Fortis discs, less than a fiver for 10 of each.

ive always used verbs till i couldnt get any so i thought id try RiDiscs and they have worked fine over 20 done with no coasters and thats using a Lite-on burner

if the same disks where working on an old firmware but not this one. then I'm guessing it was the slower speed settings so took more time to read it correct.

if you have 8x disks try burning at 2x speed. gives a deeper burn into the disk so may help better.

update console to the new firmware that has a multi speed patch. try 2x or 4x firmware. games will load slower but may work.

try pot tweaking the laser. you need to open and use a screwdriver and multimeter. but if the laser is set low then it may read disks at low speed. but not high. turning the laser up can fix this.

try a better grade of disk. get a few verbs. there expensive but for testing new flashs or experimating with then its worth haveing a few in stock. even if dont use all the time.

if none of that fails. look at ebay for a replacment laser for the drive. this should be a last resort tho. as the others more cost effective.

I've burned 11 disks using Aone media (less than £5 for a 10-disk spindle) and only had one coaster (although I think this was my drive firmware - upgraded to latest and re-burned with no problem). I've played all the games that load, some to completion, and they have been fine. 360 has a Hitachi drive and I always burn at 1x speed.

Back