Pixelation

BeoVision

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have noticed an issue on a couple of the movie channels where I have severe pixelation, on some days the channels are complete black however the SNR & AGC are both @ 92%.

All the other channels are fine, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve?

ThanksIMG_0134.jpg

ensure you have a good quality splitter? I used a cheap one and experienced the same issues - replaced it and the picture is spot on now.

Also it could be your signal - either too low or too high.

Can you recommend a splitter? also as far as i can tell it's only two movie channels that are affected, also how do i tell if the signal is too low or high?

Can you recommend a splitter? also as far as i can tell it's only two movie channels that are affected, also how do i tell if the signal is too low or high?
splitter 5-1000MHz

Attachments

• 87E4738F-8436-4F9F-A139-F93A846D6593.jpeg
    87E4738F-8436-4F9F-A139-F93A846D6593.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks River, how can I tell if I require an attenuator?

Look at the signal finder under sat searching on the frequency of those 2 channels.

You could also login to you modem and check the incoming power levels.

Both channels show 92 - 93 % via signal finder. I updated the drives for the Sundek Tuner which did improve things however the picture is not clear as the rest of the channels.

Power Levels attached.

Attachments

• Up.PNG
    Up.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 25
  • down.PNG
    down.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 28
Splitter I currently have in place, should I look to replace?

Attachments

• 97AA115E-3E6A-4B48-8779-0AA5B51AB5DD.jpeg
    97AA115E-3E6A-4B48-8779-0AA5B51AB5DD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Thanks, any reason not to go for 2400 MHz option as my local screwfix has them in stock

Hi guys, splitter arrived today however it’s made no difference. What I did notice is that when I move the cable feed coming from outside it did improve the picture so could I have a potentially damaged cable? If so can I get it this replaced and why only certain channels affected? what would I say to virmin?

Will give them a buzz tomorrow, should I disconnect the cable to my receiver as it’s located next to my router.

Purchased a labtech splitter

yes you dont want non provider extras to be seen,i agree if cables are moved=bad connection and picture improves.

Hopefully they will just replace it regardless. It just seems strange that if it does turn out to be the cable then why is my internet ok and only certain channels have an issue. The channels with the issues all have SNR 90% or above

Back