picons not showing please help

DEANO1983

Inactive User
Reaction score
picons aint working anymore guys tried manually sending them over from rats downloads,tried the new snp picons aswell even though not sure what they are.also have the picon updater plugin,it connects to the server downloads but still dosent show the picons.any help would be greatly appreciated
[h=3][/h]

What receiver you using
What image
How old is the image

I would say the image is not compatible with snp picons mate

You can update to a newer image or there is a fix you can apply to make snp work :)

Im sure the fix link is in the Rat's snp picon thread
yes it is :)
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/picons-501/425924-download-rats-dw-snp.html

thanks for the reply mate,would rather try a fix than change my image as im on a clone and cant do with the hassle of a brick again,but unless ive missed something from your link cant see any fix link on that thread.

Here it is mate
All newer images support SNP but if you are on an older PLi image and want to use snp but don't want to change images then you can add this file to make your older image compatible
[url]https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2664/[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is mate

it says here,

I am attaching the modified picon code for PLI images for people who are happy with their image and just want to add this feature. File goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/ and must have 644 properties

is this just for pli images then or can i use this for my vix clone image too? also what does it mean by must have 644 properties?

Right Im not 100% sure so best wait for someone who knows
I thought it was for all older images not just PLi

sorry mate wait a bit for someone who knows for sure

Right Im not 100% sure so best wait for someone who knows
I thought it was for all older images not just PLi

sorry mate wait a bit for someone who knows for sure

thanks mate i just tried it in the end and it worked a treat so im assuming it works for all older images,thanks for your quick replys and help you never let me down! topman!

Glad your sorted :) and your welcome :)

I need to update a few picons as a few have changed to Christmas ones but snapman is onto it ;)

Enjoy!

is this just for pli images then or can i use this for my vix clone image too? also what does it mean by must have 644 properties?
Not sure but just in case, I have uploaded the OpenVix/OpenATV version - see here.

I would do a full image backup and store this on USB first before trying so if it doesn't work you can always go back to your image backup.

Not sure but just in case, I have uploaded the OpenVix/OpenATV version - see here.

I would do a full image backup and store this on USB first before trying so if it doesn't work you can always go back to your image backup.

a bit late to the party buddy but thanks for replying,i already pressed the big red button without a back up :Dunce: . Not advised for anyone with the same issues always back up first,i just cant help the noob-nus sometimes :proud:

That's for letting me know, I was going to give this a go but i'm in the same posistion as you. On an old image as i'm worried about bricking my xlone. Cheers.

Back