photo shop competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deffo agree with Wiz,i wasted a whole afternoon and got nowhere...some guidance would be welcome...lol

i have tried and failed..

i just don't get the basics..

we need some help here.. lol

arse01.png

arsefinal.jpg

Deffo agree with Wiz,i wasted a whole afternoon and got nowhere...some guidance would be welcome...lol

There are tutorials all over the web, from videos on youtube to commercial training vids from the likes of Lynda.com, Total Training, VTC, Kelby, and also Ebooks all available from the 'usual places'.

It's not hard, just time consuming. You aren't going to get a 5 minute fix if you don't know the basics, particularly Photoshop as the interface is probably overwhelming to someone new, but put in the time and patience as a foundation and then you'll soon be able to reap the rewards in 15-30 mins or so once you know where all the tools are and can visualise a concept.

Try this one to start things off:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...maybe we should extend the finish date?

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH there isn't a quick 'How To' on PS for what each individual person is looking for. But what has been said before, Google or YouTube will have something similar to what you're after.

If I can give one bit of advice, for each image you copy from different pictures you upload to PS onto the main one you want all the different pictures to come together on, create a layer for each one (At the top of PS, click on 'Layer' then 'New', then 'Layer', then name it so that it's easy to recognise). That way, if there's one of the images you want to alter or undo something you thought was OK at the time, but with all the images together doesn't look right, you can just undo that particular image.

Again, there's loads of tuts out there on YouTube, etc, but if you want something that looks great, it could, and probably will, take a lot of your time to make it look right. The more time you take on it, the better it should look :)

well who do we think won then?

I think you should give us all a million squids as your bank account is clearly overflowing, and you obviously want to dispel any clichés of Scots and their money ;)

p.s. per image :D

looks like a two horse race between thommo and vectorz.. vote now for the winner :)

looks like a two horse race between thommo and vectorz.. vote now for the winner :)

lol, I was actually going to vote for Snapman's Zippy and George in post #59

300k each for VectorZ, Thommo and Snapman.

sound ok to everyone?

tbh I'd prefer it if Thommo and Vectorz shared the DW cash. Not only have they put in some hard work in their creations, but they have showed more ideas and came up with a few pictures. I only came up with one! lol

What I think is really good is the amount of guys on here that are good with PS, plus the amount of guys keen to learn. Fooking brilliant! :)

tbh I'd prefer it if Thommo and Vectorz shared the DW cash. Not only have they put in some hard work in their creations, but they have showed more ideas and came up with a few pictures. I only came up with one! lol

What I think is really good is the amount of guys on here that are good with PS, plus the amount of guys keen to learn. Fooking brilliant! :)

originally the prize fund was 500k m8.
i was gonna half it between thommo and vectorz..

i just upped the pot a bit, so no-one lost out. :)

300k each for VectorZ, Thommo and Snapman.

sound ok to everyone?

Sounds ok to me mate. TBH you'll prob get it back on Sunday anyway as I'll piss it away on the Spurs game :)

Well done guys - always good to stir some creative juices and have a go to anyone new to it. You'll soon be fookin with your mates holiday snaps and having a right laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back