Perfect 500 streaming

Just got in and started messing about.

I have installed zapstream, telneted the commands and have got 4 'streampes' processes running.

Does that mean zapstream is running?

I am using TuxvisionR cos I cat get VLC, or web x tv working.

Running gemini 4.00

No streampes is running (*4) because you are using Tuxvision, I imagine.

Try web-x-tv now that you have zapstream on the box
Make sure you have chmodded zapstream to 555

You will see the process "zapstream" in the process list (PS) when web-x-tv is running

We just want to make them executable, so I think it's 555

Edit: Sorry you're right 755

Last edited:
Mmm, I just put Gemini V4.0 on the 500

First off you can't use manual update with .tar.gz file in /tmp so I had to manually install the files & chmod them to 755.

Second, there is no templates dir in /var/config/enigma/, so I don't know where web-xtv picks up the script from when it runs! Does anybody know where this is on Gemini V4.0?

Thirdly, when I try VLC it doesn't start streaming - don't know what's wrong - it doesn't seem to be picking up the new inetd.conf redirection even though I can see the inetd process in the PS?

Don't know what's wrong at the moment!

so its not just me then...

hehe.

Well, i was able to do the manual update from the temp dir, by renaming the file you uploaded as 'zapstream.tar.gz' so your instructions were correct.

I might put 1.6.5 on tommorow, and test zapstream.

too tired now.

Part of the problem is, I can't telnet to box using SmarTelnet in FalshPro Wizard - it givesme the screen but box is saying server closed! So I can't check the processes now - it worked before & FTP & Webif is OK?

I wanted to try Gemini V4.0 because of the stop playback option! mozr - do you use this option? Does it only kick in when recording?

Edit: Actually, can't seem to find it - can you direct me?

Last edited:
sorry i didnt reply before dweeb.i realise you have put alot of time into helping me and mozr and i really apreciate it .i just cant get it working at all,and at this stage im so pissed with it im not even bothered,think il just wait and hope its implimented in the digital worldz image:)

sorry i didnt reply before dweeb.i realise you have put alot of time into helping me and mozr and i really apreciate it .i just cant get it working at all,and at this stage im so pissed with it im not even bothered,think il just wait and hope its implimented in the digital worldz image:)

I know how you feel - I'm feeling the hurt at the moment. If I get anywhere, will let you know!

Don't feel hurt dweeb. As jester says, you have helped a lot toward implimenting solid streaming and recording on a D500.

We will get there in th end as long as there are people like you on the forum trying new things.

This is why its fun!

And the 'stop TV during record option' is in blue button/extras-settings/record/

:EDIT: Also this post suggests that you need to use mgcamd to get stable recording.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mozr,
I don't mean to imply that I feel the hurt supporting you guys in getting this working but simply because with Gemini image it's not as simple as I hoped.

I had thought that it was going to be simple enough putting this on another image but, as with all things to do with dreamboxes, it's not simple.

As you said, we will get there and as a result this box will be as functional as the other models.

Thanks, mozr, I will look into stopping playback over the weekend, where did you pick up the fact that you need mgcamd for stable recordings - I missed that?

Finally, is there a way to turn on TV playback without starting a recording i.e. through some http command to the box?

Back