peed off with my DM800HD

The box is a Ferrari box and was using SSL82F, When I boot using dream up it reports it's #56. On dream box made in china, it tells you to flash SSL69 if you get file too big error using the web interface and a null serial cable is this possible?

The box is a Ferrari box and was using SSL82F, When I boot using dream up it reports it's #56. On dream box made in china, it tells you to flash SSL69 if you get file too big error using the web interface and a null serial cable is this possible?

You need to make sure you use ferrari sim images then as well

In that case, you need the correct SSL Bootloaders for Ferarri SIM. Some of the tools you have been using are not for ferarri cards. Yassinov repair tool only supports SIM 2 recievers..

So yes follow the advise from the made in china forum they are the official ferarri card support forum. I have never owned a Ferarri SIM clone so not sure about the quirks of that particular SIM.

I have been trying to follow the advice, but come to a dead end with error "file too big" I dont know how to use the web interface when the box is in serial mode and only using a serial cable?

pull the power out of the back hold power button and put power back ( still holding power button ) after a second or 2 u will see the word stop . take finger of button now and u will see the boxes ip address . not go to browser and put that in and go to upgrade and browse for your image u have saved and away u go

reboot after a flash ?
you shouldn't be rebooting

are you getting to the flashing stage via web browser and browse for image etc ?

I have been trying to follow the advice, but come to a dead end with error "file too big" I dont know how to use the web interface when the box is in serial mode and only using a serial cable?

Are you using a rs323 null cable or a usb to rs323 null cable?
Also try clicking on the 'extras' tab on the patched version of dreamup and click recover bad sectors,worth a shot

Forget what I said about the rs232 cable,the SE uses a mini usb :blushing:

Does your SE have one of these on the back?
Try this if it does:
Connect your cat5 cable to computer and router as well as the usb cable then switch off the power at the back, Now hold in the mini flashup button and at the same time turn on the power button and wait until you see the cat5 logo with your ip address then flash as normal either through the browser or using the dreamup software

Attachments

• DM800se 2.jpg
    DM800se 2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
sorry for the confusion the box is a HD, I use patched dreamup to boot the box, I get the no CA error, I drag the fix over dreamup and press the Dream button I press the flash button, I navigate to an image or SSL and get the error message "File too big", I've opened the web interface then press update firmware, then navigate to an image, I press flash and nothing happens?

l could only get mine to work with firefox browser no idea why ,, paste the name in full of the image your using ie sim201-SS82-de-133dv3PHOENIX2-dm800-13052011.nfi

same way l have above m8 so we can see the full name of the image your using . just click the name twice and copy and paste here

Probably a silly suggestion but, I've read on other forums of ppl having trouble flashing via web browser, because they've updated Firefox. When they tried an older version, it's worked for them.

? dont know mines upto date and ok but l only use an xp os when doing anything with dreamboxes

Back