peed off with my DM800HD

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm sick of the unreliabilty lately of my DM800HD, it finally gave up the ghost tonight, just says "dream multimedia -> error" on the LCD. Are the DM800SE any better and what sort of price am I looking at, could anyone pm me with a descent supplier cheers.

What tuner does the DM800 have?I'm interested in buying it if it's the later tuner

pm's please unless it's going in the classifieds section.

l thought we where here to help fix it not buy it ? have u tried a reflash ?

I would have thought a reflash would fix this? Also what other problems have you been having with the box?

I'm going to struggle to reflash as the bootloader is corrupt, I just get an "error" message on the lcd. I read I need a patched version of dreamup and a serial and network cable. The box is glitchy at times, epg dont load sometimes, or it will lock up. Thats how I ended up in this mess the box locked up and I had to pull the power cable.

Try using this dreamup and if its a SIM 2.01 box try this image
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar
    886.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm going to struggle to reflash as the bootloader is corrupt, I just get an "error" message on the lcd. I read I need a patched version of dreamup and a serial and network cable.

This is piece of piss to fix mate, you'll get lots of vultures trying to leech it off you for next to buttons, tell them all to feck off spend 5 minutes and it'll be working again.

Ideally you want to use the network cable as it's much MUCH quicker but it can be flashed using the serial link only - very slow though.

You could also use the Yassinov one click bootloader repair tool from downloads section. Once bootloader is sorted, flash a image of your choice.

Thanks for the replies, here's the update. Tried the patched dreamup and get to "image too big" error. Tried Yassinov one click this reports that the ca error is fixed but when I reboot the box it still comes up with "dream multimedia ->error" on the lcd.

Try a few different images mate, sure iv had that problem b4 when dreamup was saying image too big, chucked a different image on and it went fine, then you can flash back to the image you want through the webif

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

here's as far as I can get, use dreamup patch to boot DB up, us laptop to open firefox/bootloader web interface with patch ethernet cable, firmware upgrade. I choose a file then Flash! and no response, feck me time for bed! Thinking of chucking it in the bin!

I was using OpenPLI, would be happy to get any image on it now. How do I install an image after Yassinov reports it has repaired it?

connect ethernet cable only then switch the box on and press and hold the power button in until you see "stop" in the lce it should give you an ip addy after that then you flash it via your browser.

Back