Pay Pal account Hacked

gibbonm

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on what my options are regarding paypal.

I cannot access my account due to unrecognised password.
I then go to "send password by email" all the personal information it asks for is also unrecognised.
I then have asked for email to be sent to confirm password 7 times now and no email has shown up.

I contacted them and used thier "help" system and have made 5 seperate lenghtly posts about the state of my account and have asked it to be freezed, but have heard nothing back off them via email, nearly a week now.

Now i am not to bothered about the account being wound up, i will just get another one.
What concerns me is if it has been hacked then they have all my bank details etc etc.

What are my options regarding this as i dont want to be ripped off or scammed but i cant get through to them to cancel account.

any advice appreciated.

Mike

have you tried accessing thru another pc..... also i be getting intouch with me credit card/banks to stop any transaction made buy paypal

i hope this helps....

I would say its time to phone them asap. I had the same, last November, still cant buy things due to account restricted. What happend to mine was they got into my paypal, changed password and all my details. I phoned paypal up and it took an hour on the phone to them before they would beleive who i was due to all details being changed. They froze the account there and then. Then reset my details for me. I got into my paypal then only to find i have sold £20000 worth of alienware laptops! and brought bits of paper for £5000 each off the same seller. Now it doesn't take a genius to work out it was the person selling the paper behind it all.
But 5 months down the line, about 30 phone calls to paypal, still account restriction lol. I even had a visit off the police about not supplying a laptop to a buyer.
Plus phone after 5pm as you will get a uk call center not someone whos just reading off a screen!
Goodluck.

One other thing is, check your email for blocked senders. I think they got into my email and put block email from ebay and paypal, hence when i first sent emails to them, they probable sent replys but i never got them.

Cheers Lads

Got onto the bank tonight after being on hold at paypal for 45 minutes, (i gave up)
Cancelled the card and changed the the bank account number. what a stupid and messy process the account change is going to be, and just because PayPAl wont answer the emails or phones.
It is a great online payment system, but if you cant get through to them to dispute something then what is the point... rant over.

Cheers for the advice.

Mikie

Cheers Lads

Got onto the bank tonight after being on hold at paypal for 45 minutes, (i gave up)
Cancelled the card and changed the the bank account number. what a stupid and messy process the account change is going to be, and just because PayPAl wont answer the emails or phones.
It is a great online payment system, but if you cant get through to them to dispute something then what is the point... rant over.

Cheers for the advice.

Mikie

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/specialtysites/questions/paypal-customer-support.html

thats why i have created an account solely for paypal use,
no overdraft on it cos its a saver account so wont get charegd , all payments will be rejected cos of alck of funds.
always empty and i only put money in it just before i pay something

Thats a good idea i might do that, can you have a debit card on a savings account aas well?
Seen as PayPal wont let me re register with the same email acc etc.
Just to close this matter
I had an email saying account closed and was given direction on how to open a new account, but couldnt use my email address, account number or credit/debit card on the system?
If my account is closed why are my details still in the system?

Mike

Account closed doesn't mean deleted. PayPal will have to provide details to the police if any complaint is made. They also will have to hold financial accounts for however long is legally required in Luxembourg, which will include transactions made on your account.

Halifax's web saver accounts can have a debit card attached to them. You get a lower rate of interest, but that won't matter as you won't have any money in the account.

Just create a new email account for paypal, mine is registered to a yahoo address.

best to phone them, just hang on to the phone until they answer.

Me and the girlfriend both had our ebay accounts hacked and our passwords changed. Had to contact them on the phone to sort it out and then the same thing happened a week later. Found out that our home computer had a few trojans that would record login and passwords and send them off somewhere to god knows where. Very scary but luckily our online banking or paypal wasn't effected. They are a pain to get rid of but finaly sorted it out with this trojan remover: http://www.simplysup.com/
I'd really recommend you check your pc for trojans and spyware.

Back