patching the 5402

simon123456

Inactive User
Reaction score
im getting a 5402 from tecnomate deliverd on Monday what is the prpper wat of patching the resever could some explain how to do this pleaseregards simon do I have to load an 02 addon what is this for wear do I find this please

Last edited:
You really selling spiderbox for 50p lol

Anyway
1) Save channel list
2) Factory Reset
3) Turn STB off using rear switch for 40 secs then reconnect
4) load patch
5) Factory Reset
6) Turn STB off using rear switch for 40 secs then reconnect
7) Load Channel list
8) Load softcam

Addon is for c lines.

Once add on is loaded, there is no further need to add again when factory resetting as it becomes embedded in stb.

Attachments

• ADDON_002p.rar
    7.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Our friend Simon doesn't say which model 5402 he's getting - so yes if M2 he needs Add-on at least ONCE, but to my knowledge Phantom hasn't yet stated whether we need Add-on for the new M3 patch?

No ADDON patch required for the M3 version same as the F3/5 would be great if someone cracks one open and compares to the M1/M2 version

im getting the tecnomate 5402 m2 today direct from tecnomate

Why the M2 the M3 is released now.

Yes, thats why I asked!!

@digi247:-
I only mentioned the Add-on query for the M3 as Phantom didnt actually mention it with the patch mate - only the Factory Reset!
However, onve I get my M3 - and load it first WITHOUT the Add-On, I'll soon find out if 8281 is working or not eh? lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if anyone can help and advise. I have downloaded Phantompatch 140p to my USB stick along with Add On 002. So far so good. When I go to download Phantompatch 140p into the 5402 M1, I don't have a problem as the patch appears in the USB upload and download list and downloads OK. The problem is that Add On 002p does not appear in this list. It does however appear on the File Manager list, so it is definitely stored on the USB stick. So what I would like to know is how can I download the 002p patch when it only seems to appear in the File Manager list. I am sure I must be overlooking something fairly obvious. Also I would question whether it is strictly necessary to download this patch as I find I can access server listings direct by pressing the IP button on the handset and inputting 0000 password.

I wonder if anyone can help and advise. I have downloaded Phantompatch 140p to my USB stick along with Add On 002. So far so good. When I go to download Phantompatch 140p into the 5402 M1, I don't have a problem as the patch appears in the USB upload and download list and downloads OK. The problem is that Add On 002p does not appear in this list. It does however appear on the File Manager list, so it is definitely stored on the USB stick. So what I would like to know is how can I download the 002p patch when it only seems to appear in the File Manager list. I am sure I must be overlooking something fairly obvious. Also I would question whether it is strictly necessary to download this patch as I find I can access server listings direct by pressing the IP button on the handset and inputting 0000 password.

after you patch the box with the "phantompatch", do a factory re-set then switch off at the back and then on again. now when you put the usb stick in and look in the list you will see the addon file. its the same with the softcam they do not appear untill the box is "patched". the latest patch for the TM5402HD M1 is 142P and can be found here.... http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2199/

as for patching your box with the latest firmware.. it has fixes and additions especially helpfull if your using a motorised dish and softcams/b*** keys. if your box works as you want on the current firmware you are using and your happy then leave it alone. the choice is yours,regards mdt

Many, many thanks for the helpful info. Now I understand, very much appreciated.

My neighbour has just taken delivery of an M3 and he asked me to set it up. As I know about the M1 thanks to the very helpful members on here, I was wondering what patches are required for the M3 to allow for the setting up of c lines and also the insertion of BISS keys. Once again many thanks.

my box is tm-5402 ci Super + :S can see ccam and newcamd but line doesnt seem to work on it :S any help available ?? do i need to do any patch or something ... thanks

and also .. is there a way to find if my box is M1 M2 or M3 ?? all i can see is software version 1.17p ( jan 16 2012 ) .. any help .. thanks

Back