PAT Testing Start-up

seaward don't make them anymore, so you can't get parts
Fair point, if it breaks then I’ll probably buy something newer but depends if I can be bothered to even use this one tbh
As I asked before tho is c&g 2240 ( electronics servicing) ok to carry out pat testing or would I have to do the 2377-77 ??

You don't need any qualifications to do PAT testing.

I know you don’t need qualifications, you just have to be competent
But some people/companies ask for qualifications, so my question was based on this

I know you don’t need qualifications, you just have to be competent
But some people/companies ask for qualifications, so my question was based on this
I too have an electronics servicing background. I found a possible need some years back to also PAT test some of the items I was repairing for a sector of my customers.
I decided to do the 3 day course and get an extra C&G. I thought that some Companies would insist on it. Besides, the exam is a walk in the park and the course wasn't expensive.

I can also say that since I finished the course I have never PAT tested a single appliance 😂 😂 😂

I too have an electronics servicing background. I found a possible need some years back to also PAT test some of the items I was repairing for a sector of my customers.
I decided to do the 3 day course and get an extra C&G. I thought that some Companies would insist on it. Besides, the exam is a walk in the park and the course wasn't expensive.

I can also say that since I finished the course I have never PAT tested a single appliance 😂 😂 😂
That’s just about right lol I’d probably be the same
I was ask to maybe do some pat testing for a local small business ( not many items ) but said they wanted to see some type of qualification
This is another reason for my question
But beginning to just think it’s a waste of time bothering with it all tbh

That’s just about right lol I’d probably be the same
I was ask to maybe do some pat testing for a local small business ( not many items ) but said they wanted to see some type of qualification
This is another reason for my question
But beginning to just think it’s a waste of time bothering with it all tbh
I repaired motherboards from laptops and mobiles for a few small computer/phone shops. Was regularly asked if I would also repair monitors which was why I took the course.

I don't regret doing the course. Had I done it sooner it may have proved worthwhile.

Back