Parking outside someone elses property

i wonder if its single guys saying feck em park it where u want and guys with kids and bags of grocery and shit that knows what its like to have to drag them down the road because you cant get out side your house that say move it lol

The point is you can only ask - you dont have the right to enforce it as it is public highways and davelee has paid his roadtax therefore giving him a positive right to park in a safe and legal manner anywhere in britain, you cant start smashing things up because you dont like them there

Your right, you're not legally obliged to show some common courtesy. All i'm saying is that if you don't show me some courtesy outside of my home, then you will pay for it.

For all you people out there that complain that there something wrong with this country, this is it, lack of common courtesy.

davelee - Just through curiosity, the handwriting on the letter looks like it was either written by someone with a nervous disposition or an elderly person. I know i'm speculating here, but I dare say you wouldn't do the same outside a more capable (and possibly threatening) persons home.

fcuk them i hate people who think they own the road outside there house i live in a very built up area and there aint enough parking spaces for everyone best ive seen latery is people putting cones in the road outside there house and the f ing people that moan when someone parks there and they cant put there car outside there house if i was you go buy a cheap car with tax and mot get it insured and leave it there or if your flush get three and park one either side to and leave it there all year
the neighbor i got at the mo when i go out he has gone two cars up just to get his car to park closer to his

Last edited:
fcuk them i hate people who think they own the road outside there house i live in a very built up area and there aint enough parking spaces for everyone best ive seen latery is people putting cones in the road outside there house and the f ing people that moan when someone parks there and they cant put there car outside there house if i was you go buy a cheap car with tax and mot get it insured and leave it there or if your flush get three and park one either side to and leave it there all year

Or alternatively he can be ammenable and neighbourly and park on his own drive.

he aint got his own drive aslong as he got tax and stuff he can park where he wants on the road if that person wants to park at his house he should of bought a house with a drive

Your right, you're not legally obliged to show some common courtesy. All i'm saying is that if you don't show me some courtesy outside of my home, then you will pay for it.

For all you people out there that complain that there something wrong with this country, this is it, lack of common courtesy.

davelee - Just through curiosity, the handwriting on the letter looks like it was either written by someone with a nervous disposition or an elderly person. I know i'm speculating here, but I dare say you wouldn't do the same outside a more capable (and possibly threatening) persons home.

The problem with this country is people with a neanderthalic view on other peoples rights and limitations, the courtesy angle is out the window with the rude note that he has recieved if you were ever in the same situation and acted in the way you are describing then you would gain nothing but a well deserved day in court.
If people move into a house and are concerned about these things then find a house whose proximity would not allow for another vehicle outside imo, or at least drive by in the evening to see if anyone does if it means that much to them.

I do feel we are commenting about something we dont know anything about without seeing the problem - dave can you post a pic from google maps so we can see how big an issue this is pls mate, im interested :)

But he has his own drive.

As i've previously said, there's nothing wrong with him parking outside their house if he can't avoid it, but he can because he has his own drive. He's just being stubborn, he has valid concerns about security on his drive so that is what he should be focussing on, not winding up the neighbours.

I feel that dave has clearly expressed the problem

The problem with this country is people with a neanderthalic view on other peoples rights and limitations, the courtesy angle is out the window with the rude note that he has recieved

You took the words out of my mouth m8:Clap::Clap::Clap:

well the guy across the street did the same he had a drive that was a bit of a task to get a car on so hed simply park in front of my house, whilst he is within his rights it does become a little boring to say the least. i never mentioned it to him though just ignored it, its just not worth putting the hassle of fuding with neighbours into your life. oh and hewas 30 yr old lad . he let on to me every day so no need to rock the boat there is no rite or wrong in this its like an earlier comment of common courtesy sadly some people dont even know what it is let alone have it. the only way i see to resolve your problem mate in anordely fashion is to invest in some security and put your car on your spot, wether thats rite or wrong matey it will just be easier . good luck mate

ive lived in the same street for 24 years when i moved in everyone in street parked on oppisite side of road from my house so as to leave a clear road to drive past but i didnt mind as i never drove then neither did my neighbours either side of me but now across the road there are three dropped pavements onto drive ways there is room for about eight cars to park and there is about 16 cars in street they still think you can only park on one side of road so if i park outside my house someone will park oppisite me and road is blocked as everyone else parks over road so it would look like i blocked road so we all park on one side of road but if you park outside certain neighbours house they give you funny looks as if you are in thier space so it is fun and games in my street but like everyone on here says as long as i have tax and mot on my car i park it where i get a space i dont care who looks at me funny

hope that makes sense lol

Last edited:
Im sad to say that this is a sign of the times.
I have a neighbour about 4 doors away he has a drive and if anyone parks in the space the otherside of it he goes ape i have never needed to park there but if i had no where to park i would park there No law can stop you if you are not causing an obstruction and you are taxed and insured.It is a public highway after all.
These people pee me off a typical nimby

How did he react to my letter is more the point?

Please print out this attached handwritten note, and put on his window screen please.

All your problems will be solved.

Ta.

Hey mozr niceone I always took you as a snobby person who looks down at uneducated folk like my self ? but this letter you wrote has personality :proud:

your deffo a sophisticated guy good on you m8 keep up the spirit.

Cheers mate.

Does that mean I can admit to saying your 'black woman's butt' avatar always gives me the horn?

What can I say, Mozr is an assman.

Cheers mate.

Does that mean I can admit to saying your 'black woman's butt' avatar always gives me the horn?

What can I say, Mozr is an assman.

yeh shes got some butty aint she I wished she lived next door lol I love women with lumps and bumps in the right places my misses is a skinny bird lol im missing out :proud: but hey anythings better then nothing saying that i always rub my crotch when I see a nice fit big butty on the side walk no wonder I have so many car crashes lmao

nothing wrong with looking m8 thats my motto

omg....why must people have their cars right outside their fecking doors anyway,....if it's gonna get boken onto, it's gonna get broken into wether it's outsid ethe door or 4 spaces up. and don't tell me it's too keep an eye on it,...unless ur awake 24/7.....also have these peeps got their own allocated parking spaces in the local car parks when they go shopping etc.... u want ur own space...then pay for it....they have no better rights over anyone else who pays for their car to be on the bloody road.

if you block the entrance to a house either gate or path THEN it is an offence under Highway code 217, stops Emergency Services getting in.

if you block the entrance to a house either gate or path THEN it is an offence under Highway code 217, stops Emergency Services getting in.

I do not recall saying i was parked opposite their gate? I am more like outside their front room window, also their is a public pavement in between said car and the start of their property.

they guy is not old or mental (from previous comments), he is middle aged with his wife and would say not born and brought up in the country since, the one time I spoke to him, he had quite a thick accent.

didn't say you was m8, thats why i said A house, just stating as long as you dont block it there is no rules in the highway code other then lowered ramps,corners and entrances

There is a balance. In answer to your initial question there is absolutely nothing wrong with you parking on the crescent and you are well within your right to do so. If you feel you want to continue and ignore them you should do you may even respond to their letter and inform them that you are well within your rights and have confirmed this with Law enforcement. Morally however you may wish to consider that the signs of the times are people feel they own everything near them and they do not want you to park. in a situation like this you may continue to park however you could move the car to different spots on different days so the car is never in one place for too long, you could compromise with them onthat basis and tell them they can like it or lump it. You relly do not want things to get out of hand where they start damaging your car as you would then be forced to take agressive action against them this could well get very agressive and nasty. At the end of the day its in your hands as to how you feel after all you pay your car tax and can park anywhere legally !!

Back