Parking outside someone elses property

Bear in in I have parked their for about 18 months, this couple moved into the house in April and keep giving me grief.

I do have parking at the side of my flat but it is secluded and have had several cars broken into and stolen from their, so I park on the main Crescent, they do not have a driveway and also park on the road with ample room.

Cannot edit original post should state 18 months not 8, when I used to park in my drive I have have had doors bent back on a couple of cars (you know by kids trying to nick the cars or it's contents), I admit they where only Fiestas and Clio's, also an astra mk3 stolen.

Since parking on main street never head a problem since well lit and adjacent to a main road, I especially l ike the 'unkempt and untidy" part that he describe my current heels which is a a pristine white Astra SXi on a 'V' plate where as his rust bucket is 'K' plate Rover thing (sorry Rover owners)

Oh and there is the fact I only came out of Hospital last Tue after a 31 day stay, my bad not to install a radio control system so could shift it around.

Also he parks his car with 2 wheels on the public pavement, can't wait to confront this joker, tried before, but no one answering door :(

will takes some pics on the morro to show what I mean.

what does me is the house opersite have 3 cars and a driveway but they decide they want to park 1 accross it and the over 2 in the road. parking spaces are hard enough to fine yet people seem to abandon park there cars lol

is that a tear drop on the letter, or sweat drop LOL.

the writer of that letter is taking the pi$$, and that letter could be classed as threats.

keep it, and make a copy to be on safe side, and speak to an officer of law and put them in the picture.

as said, any damage to your car, just report it, (hope nothing does happen to your car though)

p.s. i have edited the 1st post from 8 to 18 months as mentioned

is that a tear drop on the letter, or sweat drop LOL.

the writer of that letter is taking the pi$$, and that letter could be classed as threats.

keep it, and make a copy to be on safe side, and speak to an officer of law and put them in the picture.

as said, any damage to your car, just report it, (hope nothing does happen to your car though)

p.s. i have edited the 1st post from 8 to 18 months as mentioned

No, it's a 'law enforcement officer', who the frek is that, Robocop, looked on yell.com and cannot find any listing for a nearby Omni Consumer Products branch.

I have scanned copies on Photobucket and my Server @ home

Please print out this attached handwritten note, and put on his window screen please.

All your problems will be solved.

Ta.

I think you need to speak to this person and thank him for keeping such a careful watch on your car, possibly buy him some flowers and tell him you will reccomend him to the local neighbourhood watch group.

Please print out this attached handwritten note, and put on his window screen please.

Ta.

Your knowledge and use of English prose is truly outstanding, but I feel this may inflame the issue, i'm off to see the Sir Roberts in the morning, they open at 10:00, then to the CAB for some more advice (of course I will park blocking the police gates, and ram raid through the windows of the CAB :) )

Ta.

your wife looks like my old maths teacher

pmsl, that line made me laugh

get out there tomorrow and wash it in front of his house while shaking your ass at him - throw the dirty water down his driveway

then bring out the big guns

infamouswbob.jpg

I take it from the letter that they have asked a few times. Why cause problems with your neighbours (even if legally you are entitled).

Best cure would be to apologise and explain that you have had security issues in your drive, tell them that you are going to get some security arranged but in the meantime you would like to continue parking your car near their house.

That way you can save face but still compromise with them.

At the end of the day you have a drive and so should be using that before parking in the street ( I used to have neighbours park in front of my house which did nark be off a bit, however they had little choice so I put up with it, you do have a choice and so I think they are justified in their complaints).

Why annoy people, move your car and park elsewhere. Park in front of someone elses house and see how you get on or rent a garage. You start getting complaints from people , when you sell your property you have to notify the vendors of this. Failure to do so is an offence.. This is a true statement not made up lads.

wot a load of bo**ocks..... if there are no legally parking restrictions to say ur not allowed to park there, then park there mate..........telling u that u have allocated parking for ur flat has nothing to do with it....wot if ur household had 3-4 cars...???? and if someone put a note like that through my door, i would be more determined to park there... and to have the fecking cheek to say...ur vehicle is making their house look unsightly, well that would of pushed me through the fecking roof on the matter....i know i'm gonna get slatted for saying that, but people like that piss me off........u don not own the highway...if they want to allocate that space (which is obvisously wat they want to do) then get a drive and pay for the drop kerb just like the rest of us have too..........i'm in the middle of tiling my friends bathroom and she lives in a tight nit close, i will park in the where ever it possible but legally, however this old women who lives in one of the houses knocks on evertones door if they park there on the 4th friday of the month and tells them to move cos she has an old friend coming to dinner who has a broken ankle....yeah right. this has been going on for like 6 months...anyway, i knew nothing about this until i parked there this particular day...over she came, ringing the intercome......she said the same thing to me, in an abrupt manner, i told....sorry i can't, i got adhesive all over the wall and can not leave it....,she said her friend was coming about 6pm, so i said, well i should be gone by then anyway.......anyway, i never got away until about 7pm, her friend parked at the end of the close and still managed to get to her house....anyway, i was being extra polite to this lady cos it's the lady who lives opposite my friend and didn't want to cause problems...however when my friend told me the next day what she had said to her that i had been very rude towards...my face was burning with anger...she knocked again since then and asked me to move and i told her straight....after telling lies about me she's got no chance of me moving....u know wot she said, and this is a lady of about 70......oh piss off then.....lol i'm just so glad that i hadn't used one bad word towards her, cos now as i see it, she's the bad one...lol i told her, to get her self a drive if she wants her friend to park outside her door..she said i can't afford it....tuff then init....i drive a work van with the company name and phone number on it and she's never phoned them to complain cos she knows i'm not parked illegally....

Why annoy people, move your car and park elsewhere. Park in front of someone elses house and see how you get on or rent a garage. You start getting complaints from people , when you sell your property you have to notify the vendors of this. Failure to do so is an offence.. This is a true statement not made up lads.

wot u talking about.....saying..why annoy people....he's not doing it to annoy people, from what he's saying he was parking there before the old bastards bloody moved, so he unlikely to be doing it to annoy them...they should of bought a house with private or allocated parking for their house, if it taxed, insurance and mot, then u park there mate...bloody hell, they move in the street and start laying the law down as to who can aprk where....fecking cheek of them i'd say....and forget about going to the CAB mate, ur not doing nothing wrong so u don't need advise on it hun....i'd get the biggest van/lorry that i was allowed to park in a resident street and permantly park it up there......and just one more thing....tell them that their old shit heap of a moter is making the crescent look untidy, so could they kindly park it on the main road on the estate rather then in the cresent.....some peoples noses are just to far up their own arses.

you can park where you like as long as there are no restriction. if you have a dropped kerb for access to your driveway you cannot block it even if it doesnt have a car in there and you can call the council to take the car (talking from experience).

If there are no restrictions or dropped kerb, or residential parking etc then you can park where you like, theres no law saying you cant park there.

As people have said its just good etiquite.....but from the sound of that note...what a twat. you could try having a friendly chat with them ....TBH sometimes its just not worth the hassle and may be best to park elsewhere.

To be honest though, the letter isn't that bad as the OP has already admitted that he has been asked not to park there. If it had been me and i'd asked someone to stop parking outside my house which they chose to ignore, they would come out to find a nice big dent in the bonnet.

To be honest though, the letter isn't that bad as the OP has already admitted that he has been asked not to park there. If it had been me and i'd asked someone to stop parking outside my house which they chose to ignore, they would come out to find a nice big dent in the bonnet.

The point is you can only ask - you dont have the right to enforce it as it is public highways and davelee has paid his roadtax therefore giving him a positive right to park in a safe and legal manner anywhere in britain, you cant start smashing things up because you dont like them there

to be honest i wouldnt like if some coont parked outside my house
as i have had that before with thier headlights and shit.
when i moved home i didnt even look at a house that had any vans and stuff next door as there noisy fookers in the winter and u get the lazy sods letting them run for ages and waking everyone up.

Back