Paranoid about update

dbroms

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have 4.1 softmodded wii running games from external usb drive, new to all this so please excuse my ignorance but how do i stop the wii taking this latest update ? will it do it without me accepting anything ?

just wondering how it updates .

you get offered an update when you test Wii internet connection in wii menu m8 just say no it wont bother you again, otherwise it would come from not having preloader installed properly and not blocking disc updates. not that any discs have 4.2 on them yet but they will. atm I'd steer well clear. then someone might come along and say I'm talking bollox.

:Cheers:

you get offered an update when you test Wii internet connection in wii menu m8 just say no it wont bother you again, otherwise it would come from not having preloader installed properly and not blocking disc updates. not that any discs have 4.2 on them yet but they will. atm I'd steer well clear. then someone might come along and say I'm talking bollox.

:Cheers:

Thanks for that mate, im not sure about all this to be honest. I know ive installed bootmii on boot2 and backed up my nand. ive turned off wiiconnect24 or something but i often use the internet to watch youtube, i never do anything to the games i download just bang em on my drive.

if they just go on hardrive m8 you wont be bothered by updates , at least that's what I've gathered.

im not gonna update to 4.2 as i cant find any advantage really 4.1 is fine and does everything i want it to do

im not gonna update to 4.2 as i cant find any advantage really 4.1 is fine and does everything i want it to do

I heard you can't downgrade from 4.2e so I'm a bit foobarred lol I'm not running 3.2e system wads etc. until I hear it's safe to do so, :Cheers:

Back