Paprika spuds :)

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was watching celeb master chef the other day and someone cooked pap spuds, they looked really good,so I thought I'd look for some receipes here's the couple I thought looked best.

Youtube link

and the other.

Smoked Paprika Potatoes

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe how good these potatoes were. So, so, so, so, good! I'd never used smoked paprika before and now I know I have been missing out on something incredible. All I could say when the paprika hit the hot oil was, "Oh, my..."

There are so many wonderful things about this side dish: the red potatoes are creamy on the inside and crisp on the outside; the caramelized onions are sweet; the smoked paprika lends a subtle yet incredible smokey flavor. And I loved that I got all of this making them in a pan on the stove top instead of having to use the oven.

The recipe is from my latest issue of Cooks Country magazine. I followed the recipe except for the amount of oil; 1/4 cup seemed excessive. I used 3 tablespoons and it still seemed like it was too much. Next time I'll use 2 tablespoons and it will probably be perfect. Don't skip the oil altogether, though, because you need it to get the crisp awesomness that makes the potatoes so delicious.

Smoked Paprika Potatoes (slightly adapted from Cook's Country)
printable recipe

1 pounds baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved (quartered if large)
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and 1 teaspoon paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add potatoes, broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, until the potatoes are just tender, 12-15 minutes. Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid evaporates, 5-8 minutes.

3. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon paprika in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are deep golden brown, about 5 minutes.

4. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with parsley to serve.

Makes 4-6 servings.

I can't get the image to load, but they look great. I will give these a go the next time i do
a Spanish or Mexican dish.

Back