Panasonic G20 50inch plasma TV £599

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Panasonic G20 50inch plasma £599.

PANASONIC Viera TX-P50G20B 50" Full HD Plasma TV

The stunning Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20B 50" Full HD Plasma TV boasts a picture quality that will impress even the most demanding viewers! The huge 50-inch High Definition panel and versatile connectivity options ensure this television will provide first-class entertainment for many years to come.

The 1080p NeoPDP display of the Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20-B delivers a staggering 'infinite black' contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1. When combined with the unlimited viewing angle and practically instant response times of plasma, this contrast ratio provides a cinematic experience that must be seen to be believed!

The impressive specifications of the Viera TXP50G20B are further enhanced by 600 Hz Intelligent Frame Creation and Panasonic's V Real Pro 5 engine, which optimises image parameters for breathtaking results.

This television also sports both a Freeview and Freesat HD tuner, ensuring you're ready for the digital broadcasts of the future.

And the Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20B 50" Full HD Plasma TV does more! By offering 4 HDMI connectors, component and composite ports, 2 traditional SCART sockets, and even a VGA input for using the display as a computer monitor, it will play nicely with everything from Blu-ray players to game consoles. Look no further for brilliant home entertainment!
ScreenFormat 16:9
Screen size 50" (127 cm)
Contrast 5,000,000:1
Response time (in ms) The response time of a plasma screen is practically zero. It is only limited by the speed of the video processor.
Resolution (horizontal x vertical - in pixels) 1920 x 1080
Viewing angle (horizontal/vertical - in°) Viewing angle free

AudioAudio Power 2 x 10 Watts RMS
Noise reduction Yes
Mono/Stereo Sound NICAM stereo
Speakers Yes

ConnectivityConnectivity HDMI, SCART, Component, Composite, SVGA input, DLNA, headphone socket
SCART connectors 2
DVI Input No
HDMI Input 4
PC Input Yes
Audio output Headphones socket

TunerStandard Digital Freeview tuner, Freesat HD tuner
Double Tuner Yes

FunctionsTeletext Yes
Other functions 600 Hz IFC
V Real Pro 5 engine
AVCHD, MPEG-2, DivX HD, JPEG, MP3, AAC playback

GeneralRemote control Yes
Accesories included Remote control, stand
Internal menu languages English
Dimensions (mm) 769 x 1218 x 335 mm (H x W x D)
Weight (kg) 25.6 kg

PANASONIC Viera TX-P50G20B 50" Full HD Plasma TV | Dixons |

Ive been searching this model number and some say Freeview HD and Freesat HD

Dixons says Digital Freeview ?

anyone know if this has USB too

G20's have both freesat HD and freeview HD.

There are two usb ports Both on side You can play avi's etc from the usb, you can also plug in an external HDD and use it as a PVR, but read Hawkish's post on the G30's in reviews about the limitations of PVR via HDD.

Review of G20's below

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1267447473

Last edited:
that seems a bloody good price :)

Its a cracking price. John lewis was selling this a few month ago for @£1100
Its a 2010 model as panny just released 2011 models G30.

It's a cracking Tv imho.

Stunning Picture quality.

Nephews just got the GT30 (new model 3D version) and its the best Ive seen.

Reviews are good on this but its Dixons so no one will price match and you dont get 5 year warranty etc... Would it be worth waiting for someone like richersounds to come across with a similar deal.

whats the buzzing issues ? from internal speakers ?

whats the buzzing issues ? from internal speakers ?

no i dont think its from the internal speakers,

my 42 inch g20 buzzes but you have to get right up close to hear it.... and then its only faint.

not a problem to be honest as when your watching something the sound covers over the buzzing noise anyway..

its just something inherent with these tvs.

Ive been all round the shopping center and retail park today looking for this tv and no one has it
Best Buy has the 46", Panasonic TX-P46G20B 46" Plasma Full HD 1080p £948.98 :Yikes:

no longer available @ Dixon's

I went in the Panasonic shop today and they had the 46" for £799 last one on the wall

I told him about richer sounds at £599 and he said "yeah but they are ex display with no boxes"
I said your is on display too
"yeah but we got a box" he said

pmsl £200 for a box, I just laughed

he also said that they was not combining Freesat/Freeview HD on standard sets any more
Only 3D sets will have the combination

with waiting though hawkish you will be paying a premium price
the G20 is pretty much everything I need/want :)

Hopefully - loads more in the way of online content and single cable pvr boxes have been spoken about. Possibly some sort of stacking LNB. Details being very closely held (as always with freesat) I asked the rep who didnt reply with "I dont know anything about that" but "I cant talk about that" lol

£695 next cheapest I can fine for 50"

anyone find cheaper :)

wheres that from John Currys??
as there may be a discount code available

Currys Code : LSTV5

Phone around your local cosco's near you John 1st and see if they have any left.

Nephew got his GT30 about £300 cheaper than anywhere else inc vat.

Back