new Panasonic TV not working with ibox 2 plus via HDMI

rapha

Inactive User
Reaction score
Treated myself to a new Panasonic 47" TV TX-47AS650B, plugged my Cloud ibox 2 plus into the TV's HDMI ports and nothing, not even a handshake or display resolution message on TV screen.
Changed the cable (fifth cable I've tried now) tried plugging other devices into the all three HDMI TV input ports and they all work, media players, dvd player but not the ibox. So tried the ibox in another TV via HDMI and that works no probs.
Plugged the HDMI from the ibox into the soundbar using one of the soundbar ports and then wired it back to the telly via HDMI using the ARC HDMI port feature on the soundbar, this worked but it's a real faff when switching from watching normal telly to the ibox as I now have to use the remote on the soundbar as well to do this.
I have tried lots of different settings on the Panasonic TV i.e. switching Viera Link off, entering the service mode on Telly etc but has made no difference, also changed the settings in the ibox to 720p, still nothing. This has made me decide it's time to change my ibox to something that will work with the new TV. However I don't want to purchase another satbox only to find that it has the same issues. I do have a spare openbox S9 so tried this and it works a treat only problem is it's very dated and sloooow.
Does anyone have a Panasonic TV that they use that works with a satbox they can recommend?

Would appreciate any help with this.
:Cheers:

I had this problem on a Phillips TV nothing i tried would allow me to use the ibox on it although it worked fine on a Samusung and LG TV so i just run it on the Samsung.

Going back to the Phillips set every other sat box in my signature ran on it just not the ibox .

I had this problem on a Phillips TV nothing i tried would allow me to use the ibox on it although it worked fine on a Samusung and LG TV so i just run it on the Samsung.

Going back to the Phillips set every other sat box in my signature ran on it just not the ibox .

Didn't want to spend over £100 so was looking at perhaps buying a VU+ Zero Sat Receiver, any thoughts on this regarding working with Panasonic TV's, I see on your sig file you have a
VU+Duo2

Didn't want to spend over £100 so was looking at perhaps buying a VU+ Zero Sat Receiver, any thoughts on this regarding working with Panasonic TV's, I see on your sig file you have a
VU+Duo2

Well the Duo 2 a Solo and the old Duo have ran on the Phillips

I can not see you having any trouble and if bought on the net you can always send it back anyway under the distance selling rule.

The Zero is not a bad box similar spec to the Ibox CPU and flash size wise but if you could stretch to the solo se its really is in a different league.

I have an Panasonic e6 series and every box iv tryed worked on it I'm currently using and xtrend et10000 but I'm sure any vu range will work

try putting your settings to 720 & multi works with my zgemma had the same problem fixed it

Back