Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pacino Update Daily Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
how would gav know whos not trading though thats the problem i think that anybody who is interested in this thread is interested in having the new image.
i would be gutted if is it to be that way but then the ones who miss out know who to blame!

I agree i can say 100% i aint a trader hell i dont sell any cabel boxes like and the admins can verify yhat ;) a few know me well. Uhm but its sad m8 people have to do that selling em on ebay is gunna get dbox2,s killed off there becoming to widespread :eek: :Cheers:

Neutrino. Well if latest nirvana sectionsd was in the CVS at about 7am this morning then theyre included, otherwise I missed it :) Havent included the movieplayer as done a bit of patching on that myself, and also using a few changes by cgh555.. but will take a look.

Cheers

dizzy2206 said:
Neutrino. Well if latest nirvana sectionsd was in the CVS at about 7am this morning then theyre included, otherwise I missed it :) Havent included the movieplayer as done a bit of patching on that myself, and also using a few changes by cgh555.. but will take a look.

Cheers
Nirvana's latest yousendit link for sectionsd enable the epg to be stored seperate for each stations even via a mount

Not in CVS as of yet !

Any more Info on your mod's for movieplayer as I could forward them to the right guys

Do you want to talk about this via PM?

b3nnyb0y said:
And vinney i would advise you not to be rude to people i get along with m8. From what i have read on ur posts so far u have called DessertDog a wank0r/Admitted ur gunna sell boxes with gavs new img on to make a bit of ££ eh. Anything else u wanna add? Coz personally i would ban ur ass perm if i was an admin here without a shadow of a doubt. If i see u selling any boxes on ebay with gavs img on im gunna boycott em so Stick That In Ur Pipe And Smoke it meeh. And dont think im joking either m8. One other thing what makes u you think you have the right to profit from the work that goes into making an image? I bet ur a n00b anyways who cant even compile one eh rofl.

P.s ill be watching u =O)
TY m8 for your comment lets all just ignore him u never know he may go away like all bad things they all disapear in the end.As for Gav i feel for him all the time he and others spend working on bits a pieces for us all for a prat like that oh well subject closed Gav all the regulars on here do thank you and all the others for your hard work and dedication to DW.
Thanks

Gingerchris said:
Hello everyone, Gav I just wondered if you could confirm whether or not Dbox2-shop.co.uk has permission to use your image? As in the thread below T4i purchased one from them and apparently Pacino was already installed by the sound of it.

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72618&highlight=Pacino

Chris.

If these guys don't have permission from Gav to sell boxes with the Pacino image on then I don't think it is acceptable. Apart from Gav not giving the go ahead, it would also mean that these boxes are being sold for a pirate cable market - they can only be sold with, at most, an image that allows free-to-air reception. It may be worth emailing them to explain the situation as I'm sure they will co-operate.

pt-1 said:
Nirvana's latest yousendit link for sectionsd enable the epg to be stored seperate for each stations even via a mount

Not in CVS as of yet !

Any more Info on your mod's for movieplayer as I could forward them to the right guys

Do you want to talk about this via PM?

Just downloading from yousendit now. Can I ask what benefits this would have by storing epg seperately for each station? I can see the benefits if using via a mount, but if you were to use the /tmp folder and store in ram, would this be beneficial?

Still playing with the movieplayer but will get a copy uploaded for you with the diffs as soon as ready :)

b3nnyb0y said:
And vinney i would advise you not to be rude to people i get along with m8. From what i have read on ur posts so far u have called DessertDog a wank0r/Admitted ur gunna sell boxes with gavs new img on to make a bit of ££ eh. Anything else u wanna add? Coz personally i would ban ur ass perm if i was an admin here without a shadow of a doubt. If i see u selling any boxes on ebay with gavs img on im gunna boycott em so Stick That In Ur Pipe And Smoke it meeh. And dont think im joking either m8. One other thing what makes u you think you have the right to profit from the work that goes into making an image? I bet ur a n00b anyways who cant even compile one eh rofl.

P.s ill be watching u =O)

oh your fucking big and hard !

Get a grip you fucking internet warrior .... like i'd said they are for mates.

Get off you high horse ya beut.

Where was the mention of making a profit ... plus the fact .. all images are freely available on the net for people to do what the want with them ... so **** you.

If i wanted to sell 10000000's boxes with his image on or not .. what the **** has it got to do with you ?

The creators of the images freely distribute them on forums like this, knowing that they maybe used for personal use or someone selling the boxes on. Either way they aint bothered who downloads them or sells boxes with the image loaded - why would they ?

Talk about double standards .... let not loose scope of the bigger picture here people... these box's loaded with any auto updating image are illegal ... and you have the front to say am 'id be profiting' from it ! HAHAHAHA WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING BOLLOX.

I suggest you go back to school mate and get some fucking common sense.

If i am gobshite for saying .. 'i want this image to put on 5 boxes' then that makes everyone on this forum a gobshite too for using illegal boxes you stupid twat - what is the difference ?

Ban my arse ... i dont fucking care ... just shows what a utter tosser you are.

Am sure there are other people who are thinking 'what is the need for you'

I'll say again ... proper blatant double hypocritical standards or what !

pmoore31 said:
Well done Vinney for donating m8... Just try to remember its best not advertising the fact your selling boxes. I am sure it would make the cc's come looking for you.. Also there are alot of us that could make money from this instead of going to work full time, but we choose not to. People may feel you are rubbing there noses in it advertising you are making money :)

I aint making money at all matey. I work hard myself ... The fact is i got 5 mates together ... saying do you want these boxes.

I then purchased 5 boxes on behalf of the lads ..... and gonna program them.

Whats in it for me - a pint ! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But ye i understand what you are saying, but 5 boxes mate .. aint exactly mega bucks is it ?

dizzy2206 said:
Just downloading from yousendit now. Can I ask what benefits this would have by storing epg seperately for each station? I can see the benefits if using via a mount, but if you were to use the /tmp folder and store in ram, would this be beneficial?

Still playing with the movieplayer but will get a copy uploaded for you with the diffs as soon as ready :)

Nirvana just wanted the option of a Internet based EPG that can be downloaded to a master box and then distributed to other Boxes...

Sky is the limit what you can do with it ;-)

Any info what you are modding on the Movieplayer..?

Vinney said:
oh your fucking big and hard !

Get a grip you fucking internet warrior .... like i'd said they are for mates.

Get off you high horse ya beut.

Where was the mention of making a profit ... plus the fact .. all images are freely available on the net for people to do what the want with them ... so **** you.

If i wanted to sell 10000000's boxes with his image on or not .. what the **** has it got to do with you ?

The creators of the images freely distribute them on forums like this, knowing that they maybe used for personal use or someone selling the boxes on. Either way they aint bothered who downloads them or sells boxes with the image loaded - why would they ?

Talk about double standards .... let not loose scope of the bigger picture here people... these box's loaded with any auto updating image are illegal ... and you have the front to say am 'id be profiting' from it ! HAHAHAHA WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING BOLLOX.

I suggest you go back to school mate and get some fucking common sense.

If i am gobshite for saying .. 'i want this image to put on 5 boxes' then that makes everyone on this forum a gobshite too for using illegal boxes you stupid twat - what is the difference ?

Ban my arse ... i dont fucking care ... just shows what a utter tosser you are.

Am sure there are other people who are thinking 'what is the need for you'

I'll say again ... proper blatant double hypocritical standards or what !

Be careful mate as I have seen people get 6 month bans for language like this so just try to keep it cool plz :)

Gingerchris said:
Hello everyone, this thread has taken a strange turn for the worse lately due to someone admitting that they "sold" the odd Dbox. Does that really come as a surprise to some members on here? WOW!

I am not going to point fingers and deny people their rights, as that is what the mods are there for...forum police if you like, but can anyone who is shocked by this development put their hand on their heart and say that they too have not profited from this, or other such informative sites? I think not.

Even if it means that you are cheating the cable company out of a few pounds here and there, we are all guilty of "profiteering" in some way or another.

No offence Gav but have you never borrowed any "code" from someone else to use for your own work?

As PT-1 said his stuff has been banded about on the internet for money but he doesn't let it bother him. Likewise, I am sure it's the same for Dizzy and Cryo. If it makes you feel any better about it just think what a "LEGEND" your images could make you among the Dbox community.

Above all else, have pride in what you do and have achieved and also have the knowledge that your efforts are VERY much appreciated amongst us who are part of this community. :)

Three cheers for all concerned I think...Chris.

EXACTLY !!! Finally someone with some intelligence ! - could not have put it better my self !

The the fucking idiots on here that have blown it out of all proportion !

Am sorry for Gav if he's getting tetchy (sp) ... but the old women of the forum are to blame for dissecting what i said and making a mountain out of a mole hill !

Last edited:
dizzy2206 said:
Be careful mate as I have seen people get 6 month bans for language like this so just try to keep it cool plz :)

sorry mate .. but dont you think this is being blown right out of proportion ?

Sad low lives on here trying to 'hang' me and make me the escape goat.

How childish 'if i see you selling them on ebay then i'm going to boycott them'

Sell them on ebay is something someone with half a brain would do , so i think this is a case of knowing his own tricks best !

Last edited:
pt-1 said:
Nirvana just wanted the option of a Internet based EPG that can be downloaded to a master box and then distributed to other Boxes...

Sky is the limit what you can do with it ;-)

Any info what you are modding on the Movieplayer..?

Basically it adds two additional file types to the movieplayer filebrowser which VLC can handle, but which arent normally displayed on the DBOX listing.

Theres also a bug that once a film finishes normally and movieplayer closes the file, attempting to play another doesnt work and you have to manually restart VLC (in my case anyway, with latest version of VLC). This is fixed.

Added a couple of error checks so the box fails silently instead of crashing the whole image etc.

Just waiting for new dbox to arrive hopefully tomorrow morning to test etc and then will get these uploaded if you want to take a look.

dizzy2206 said:
Theres also a bug that once a film finishes normally and movieplayer closes the file, attempting to play another doesnt work and you have to manually restart VLC (in my case anyway, with latest version of VLC). This is fixed.

it's not just you, i have that problem too

Im sorry u feel that way vinney,maybe in future u will keep ur thoughts to urself and ur mouth closed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back