PACE 4000 Software update

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello

I have PACE Di 4000-N in Ex C/W have made funcard and works fine but is on very antique NTL software(cant use volume up and down or back buttons). Have tried the 4321 method for forced update and still remains on old software, Have looked inside and cant find any visible mods to stop updater. any clues as to what i might be looking for and how to get it to update

Does this mean that you can still get the movies ????
Might be better off leaving it for now??

I think they used to lift a leg on one of the atmel chips to stop them updating so might be hard to spot.

Cur1y

Found anti update mod two tiny resistors missing from board, found tut of where to rob from elsewhere on board and after1 hour of fiddly soldering, it updated straight away, all working fine now

Found anti update mod two tiny resistors missing from board, found tut of where to rob from elsewhere on board and after1 hour of fiddly soldering, it updated straight away, all working fine now

Hi Mate any chance of posting the tut etc? I have a 4000n that wont update and this sounds like it could help!! Cheers

Hi Mate any chance of posting the tut etc? I have a 4000n that wont update and this sounds like it could help!! Cheers

the above file shows where the mod has been carried out, the link below shows where you can rob the parts needed from elsewhere on the board and use them. One point though some very fiddley soldering needed but does work.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=129229&highlight=4000+anti+update&page=2

below is another version of the file the same as from garytate but shows it clearer and been corrected with new parts

Last edited:
Back